Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Buy Calligraphy Paper in Dublin?

Options
  • 12-11-2014 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Persian calligraphy is done with reed pens and the special ink on some kind of fine, semi-glossy paper on which the pen can move without difficulty and without having the ink scattered. The ready papers also come with some decorative borders like the one in this image:

alipaper.ir/324-285-thickbox_default/-a4.jpg

(I'm still considered a new user who can't post links here...)

I've checked a few art shops in St. Stephen's Green shopping center and so on, but haven't found anything similar. Any idea where I could get this?

I tried photo paper and that was no help either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JimmyD85

I don't think the Art & Hobby shop is Stephen's Green is that big. Did you ring around to others? I saw some calligraphy sets in the one in Jervis Street only the other day. They're pretty big, maybe you could give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JimmyD85

Oh, and they have lots of types of paper as far as I'm aware.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

evans on capel street is probably the place to go.

Advertisement