Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change bar tape regularly. Especially if you use a turbo.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

It was the bar tape that saved in the end me as it gave me some type of hold before the hand went altogether and the fact that I had the young lad with me on the trailer so I was crawling and got the foot down in time

Very lucky though the handlebar had snapped right off with the rust over time. And people on here accuse me of not working up a sweat on the turbo :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Yikes I can imagine what the bike I use for turbo looks like! I might just inspect what's under the bar tape before I chance bringing that bike out on the road again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Scaremonger much.

No way that's only from use on a turbo trainer. Well maybe if the turbo and bike were submerged in salt water for the last number of years.

I'd say more likely that bike has been left outdoors in some coastal area for the majority of its life.

Advertisement