Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

signed on the dole but no payment?

Options
  • 12-11-2014 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey guys a few months ago I signed onto the dole for the 1st time ever. Today I signed on for the second time and when I went to the post office to collect it they told me I wasn't down to collect it and didn't get the payment. The first time i signed on i immediately went to the post office and was able to get my payment. The lady in the post office said come back tomorrow again and see. Has this happened anyone else? I really need the money to pay bills on Friday so I don't know if I should contact the dole office or just wait till tomorrow and hope it comes through?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

23flim wrote: »
    Hey guys a few months ago I signed onto the dole for the 1st time ever. Today I signed on for the second time and when I went to the post office to collect it they told me I wasn't down to collect it and didn't get the payment. The first time i signed on i immediately went to the post office and was able to get my payment. The lady in the post office said come back tomorrow again and see. Has this happened anyone else? I really need the money to pay bills on Friday so I don't know if I should contact the dole office or just wait till tomorrow and hope it comes through?

No harm ringing dole office today...

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Don't wait. Go to the office immediately and have them check it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

If you only signed back on for jobseekers today it would be impossible for you to have payment in the post office on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 23flim

I am suppose to sign on every month, the first time I went in to sign was the 15th of Oct which is exactly 4 weeks ago, but a friend today said they usually put your signing date on your receipt when you collect it from the PO (which I never look at) and that date said my next signing date was the 5th of Nov! I am 100% they told me that the 12th of Nov I was to sign on because I immediately put it into my phone and set a reminder. So maybe this is the cause of not getting the payment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You need to call into your sw office and ask about your payment not being in the PO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement