Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

She Mae be 4 years off the piste. Its all downhill for the fiddler caught fiddling

Options
  • 12-11-2014 4:45am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Violinist Vanessa's violations.

From BBC Sport.

Violinist Vanessa-Mae has been banned from skiing for four years after results were manipulated to help her qualify for the Sochi Winter Olympics.

An International Ski Federation (FIS) hearing panel found "violations" in the Thailand skier's results at an event in Slovenia.

The British citizen, 36, qualified days before the deadline after competing in the hastily-staged races in January.

Full Article.

Bizzare story this.

But it left me thinking, if people actively attempted to cheat to get a high profile personality into the olympics, how many lessor known 'successful' entrants could have slipped through the qualification rounds in the past

You know how it is as an honest agent. A chance meeting with officials at an evening reception with cheese, wine, brown envelopes, and prawn sandwiches. And lo and behold, your client qualifies for the olympics the next day despite falling arse over tit - on their way up the friggin hill.

Anyway, at least the lovely Vanessa still has another string in her bow and the day job to fall back on.

She's handy with the fiddle no doubt about that. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭IsaacWunder

I am shocked, SHOCKED, to hear of corruption allegations around the Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Fiddle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

That's terrible upsetting .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭wilhelm roentgen

Cheating......it's snow joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Ice suspect a bit of fiddling going on here, but snow doubt, the truth will prevail..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

realies wrote: »
    That's terrible upsetting .

Tis. My bowels will be in rag order for a week at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Lapin wrote: »
    But it left me thinking, if people actively attempted to cheat to get a high profile personality into the olympics, how many lessor known 'successful' entrants could have slipped through the qualification rounds in the past

Given the dubious deeds that surround certain sports being admitted to the Olympics, its hardly suprising if somebody tries to smuggle a person or two through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Why didn't she just join a Bobsled team and have all sorts of wacky Olympic adventures?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,171 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Why didn't she just join a Bobsled team and have all sorts of wacky Olympic adventures?

She's asian, not Jamaican. duh. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,171 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Lapin wrote: »

Not that hard. From the link you provided it appears you don't even need to be there.
    The results of two giant slalom races on 19 January included a competitor who was not present at, and did not participate in the Krvavec competitions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

If it wasn't 7am I'd stick that movie on... Feck it, who am I kiddin, looks like another 'sick day' for me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Jaysus I thought this was gonna be the start to a dirty limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

I am shocked, SHOCKED, to hear of corruption allegations around the Olympics.

Ha, amateurs! Now soccer, they know how to do corruption....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Best thread title since the Pistorius one.

I'm starting to see a trend here. Moar threads about olympic athletes, pretty please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

She must be piste off now.

Advertisement