Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On Jobseekers Benefit -think of abroad for 1 month (looking for work)

Options
  • 12-11-2014 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

This has probably been asked many times before.

I am currently on Job seekers benefit, but i am considering going abroad and looking for work. It would be longer than the 2 weeks "holiday" allowed under JB but the most time i could give abroad without success is a month. My question if i have to come back again, can i get back on JB without much difficultly. Or is there a way of "freezing" JB claims.
    I am sure i have plenty contributions worked up.

The process of claiming JB abroad, sounds too long and difficult to consider it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

lbj666 wrote: »

The process of claiming JB abroad, sounds too long and difficult to consider it.

It's less hassle than relocating yourself for a month a few weeks before Christmas I would have thought.

Go down to your local office and get the information you need.

Advertisement