Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mike Bassett: Interim Manager

Options
  • 11-11-2014 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭

It is never going to be a blockbuster but my god did I love the first movie!

"Ladies and gentlemen. England will be playing Four-Four-F**king Two"

Nearly a decade and a half later and they leave us with a little teaser trailer for the new release supposedly coming Jan 2016.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Oh look, here comes the England B team!

:pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I really must watch the first one again. I remember having a pain in my side from laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

ziedth wrote: »
    I really must watch the first one again. I remember having a pain in my side from laughing.

Whole film's on YouTube 😉
    It is utterly hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I re watched the original and found it awful this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I remember really liking the first one, but haven't seen it since it came out. So I go to Wikipedia and IMDB to read about it, and I discover that there was a TV series of 6 episodes on ITV in 2005, called Mike Bassett: Manager. I had no idea. Is it any good? There only seems to be one thread about it in the TV forum with very few replies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Gandalph wrote: »
    Nearly a decade and a half later and they leave us with a little teaser trailer for the new release supposedly coming Jan 2016

I'm pretty sure this isn't going to happen without raising 250k on kickstarter. They've currently raised 90k with 9 days to go so it might not go ahead. I haven't seen the original myself but thought people would want to know. On phone so can't link.

Original had a few laughs and lukewarm reviews. Probably fondly thought of as there aren't many English football comedies. I rewatched it myself some time back and was shocked at how ordinary it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I re watched the original and found it awful this time around.

It's very dated and the jokes are extremely obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Love this scene!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Three cheers for hernandes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I remember really liking the first one, but haven't seen it since it came out. So I go to Wikipedia and IMDB to read about it, and I discover that there was a TV series of 6 episodes on ITV in 2005, called Mike Bassett: Manager. I had no idea. Is it any good? There only seems to be one thread about it in the TV forum with very few replies.
    I just re-watched the original tonight, still very funny. But seriously, has anyone else seen the six-episode TV series?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

I just re-watched the original tonight, still very funny. But seriously, has anyone else seen the six-episode TV series?

Yeah, it's all on YouTube from what I remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I re watch the original now and then, still cracks me up in parts. The part where Tonka is turning the team bath into a jacuzzi, and what happens next particularly :)

The tv show was ok, didn't hit the same heights for me, would love to see a second film done, hopefully it gets off the ground

I notice that on Kickstarter £10 will get your name in the credits. "Special thanks" or something like that. Although since there are six hundred other backers it might be quite small text!! It's kind of tempting me though.

Advertisement