Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the shortest Triathlon?

Options
  • 11-11-2014 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

I've done a few Duathlons this year and loved them, I want to do a Triathlon eventually. My only minor problem is that I can't actually swim.

My 1st ever swimming lesson is tomorrow night after work. It's obviously going to take quite a while before I can even do a length of a pool so I'm not kidding myself here, I know it"ll most likely be 2016 before I can do even a small Tri.

I was watching one on telly there and they mentioned a novice one with only a 200m swim. I'm ok with 5k or even 10k of running and 20k of cycling is a nice distance bit up to 50k would be fine. What's the shortest swim I can expect to have to do for a Tri. in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Tri a Tri in Athy seems to tick the box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

That looks alright actually, it's short enough for a novice. I'll probably do 4 courses of lessons (16 lessons total) and then start building up my distances. I'll probably join the beginners thread on here at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tibulus

When the 2015 race calander is out?

Does it typically change much from year to year?

Advertisement