Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claim 3 Months Entitlements in Another EU Country?

Options
  • 11-11-2014 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Ive been in the same job in Ireland for 5 years now so I assume I have plenty of entitlements built up, someone told me recently that you're entitled to claim these in other EU countries, is this true? Im an Irish citizen, single, 29, never worked in another country.

Does anyone know where I can find out more info on this? Mostly interested in France, Italy, UK or Germany.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You have to get the form in your local social welfare then send it to your address in the new country? How is that supposed to work? Who knows where they will be living before they get there?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

As far as I know you need to be claiming JSB here,then go abroad and sort out your claim from there,also is appears it may take some time to get all the paperwork sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You have to be in receipt of a jobseekers benefit payment for a month before you can apply to transfer the benefit. You need to provide an address in the country you are going to and also provide details of an Irish bank account. You will have to call into the equivalent of sw in the country you are in and they will send relevant documents back to sw office in ireland every month to state that you are observing the jobseeking rules of the host country.

BTW you cannot just leave you job and expect to receive jobseekers. You can be disqualified up to 9 weeks or even longer if you are not looking for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement