Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inheritance Tax / Right of Residence

Options
  • 11-11-2014 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have to pay inheritance tax on a property left to me by my late Uncle. My other Uncle has a Right of Residence in the property. I mistook this for Life Interest and sent the forms back to tax office, but the forms have been returned to me as this is a Right of Residence. Can anyone tell me how i calculate the tax to be paid through Right of Residency, there is a formula on the revenue website which is very confusing. The house is valued at approx. €100k, no rent paid by Uncle, and he is 75 years old (his age is factored in the formula ??). the rental market value would be €800 per month approx. All advice welcomed. Thanks, Ro

Advertisement