Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you trust Yelp, Google+ etc. reviews?

Options
  • 10-11-2014 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Do you trust the reviews of businesses on Yelp, Google+ etc.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I use the grapevine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

No for the simple reason that if you want to know about it go to it yourself and find out. Just because the business gets one bad review it doesn't mean your experience will be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,536 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I don't trust you OP.
    KKkitty wrote: »
    No for the simple reason that if you want to know about it go to it yourself and find out. Just because the business gets one bad review it doesn't mean your experience will be bad.

Damn straight. Happy customers tend not to complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

If you want "actual" reviews for a place, I usually do a quick twitter search. Even with a few of those you need to filter out the obvious shills.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Trip Advisor reviews tell a lot about how entitled people are these days.

"BUDGET HOTEL - BARCELONA CITY CENTRE"

- Well let me tell you people about the HELL I endured in this hovel. I stepped off my easy-jet at 6:30 am and made it to the hotel an hour later. The aboslute bitch of a receptionist (who could barely speak English) told me my room wouldn't be ready until 2pm :rolleyes:

When I eventually did check into the room, I didn't even have my own private jacuzzi. Only one shower and a toilet that made noise when it flushed.

Spain was really hot and I had to leave a window open but then all the noise got in.

The final straw was when they failed to send a member of staff to provide a wake up call in the form of gentle fellatio.

DO NOT USE THIS "HOTEL" 1 STAR

Cost: €20 per night.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,441 ✭✭✭✭Alun

First rule, ignore any bad reviews by Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Discard the top and bottom reviews, then you might actually get somewhere.

Everytime I do a Google search I generally add "-yelp -tripadvisor -menupages" etc to the search so that I can filter out all that junk. These sites are too dominant in search results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

The reason I ask is because there seems to be some very dubious reviews for some Irish businesses
    on Yelp and Google+.

Advertisement