Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advise on the Tab 4 & Orange store please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭weslers

I recently bought my Plantroncis headphone from the site. Really good price and it was delivered via DHL express (trackable) the next day (I placed my order around 10.30am) I think they use Expansys and its gets shipped from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Been looking through many many the models, trying to find the best.
    Still come back to samsung.

And thanks for posting this site, that's the cheapest I've seen them so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

I got stuck in the same loop coming back to the Tab 4 and I really like samsung but I've finally decided on the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 8". Based on the Lenovo Lap Top I own and think is fantastic ! and the design of the tablet. I think the spec for the price is pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

dwaned wrote: »
    I got stuck in the same loop coming back to the Tab 4 and I really like samsung but I've finally decided on the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 8". Based on the Lenovo Lap Top I own and think is fantastic ! and the design of the tablet. I think the spec for the price is pretty good too.

Checked out the specs on that, and it's Intel Atom processor.
    I'd be wary. There are still, I think it was 2/3rds of all android apps, that aren't compatible with the atom processor.

Intel supposedly has software that converts the apps.(sometimes it works, sometime sit doesn't. Issues with the tablet being quite slow and apps crashing or just not even being able to download them because they aren't compatible.)

Here is an article, just a few months old about it. http://www.networkworld.com/article/2360304/opensource-subnet/intel-confronts-a-big-mobile-challenge-native-compatibility.html

Right! that's the first I've heard of the issue with the Atom Proc.. I've ordered the tablet so (It's for xmas) but when it gets here I'll try it out and report back.
    I've bought this one for the very specific reasons so as long as the 4 app's I'm intending using are ok I'll be happy.
    Will update! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 dominoe39

hi, am also looking at the samsung tab 4 10.1 on Orange. i used price spy but komplett.ie and expansys.ie whose prices are really good are getting terrible customer reviews.
    has anybody had to use their customer service or return stuff to them. i just wonder how difficult it would be. perhaps nothing would go wrong with my shiny new samsung tab 4 though !! and i would never need them. it beats the irish shops by 70 quid. i could get all my accessories for that so it's a decent saving.
    anyhow, i ramble - any feedback on Orange is welcome before i take the plunge ?

thanks.

I've dealt with both and always found them both to be ok, just bought a tablet from Komplett. But are orange not cheaper for the Tab 4?

Got to play with the Lenovo Tab yesterday and today. Have to say I'm more than happy with it, much better than I expected. Runs all the app's I need and a couple I don't! Games are good, GPS from what I can see is accurate, the screen is fabulous, sound is a bit washy. Not trying to sell the unit to anyone but I said Id report back and I am very impressed with it.
    Only about 5 weeks to wait now till I have it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 friday one

I realise this is a bit late, buy I am having huge issues with Orange store online. I've bought a moto x play (really good price), but now they are looking for either crazy amounts of information or a bank draft. Of course they took the money from my credit card before asking for the extra information. I rang them and its just a guy in an indian call centre that seems to have access to no more information than what's in the email.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Advertisement