Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnny Adair's personal convictions

Options
  • 10-11-2014 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

Can anyone with better knowledge than me explain to me Johnny Adair's personal convictions or is he just completely mental?

I follow him on twitter and on the one hand he is glorifying the poppy and what it represents and attacking celtic for not glorifying the poppy yet this is a man who has links to neo-nazi groups in Germany and Combat 18?

Exactly how does this work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mental. Don't call him mad dog for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

He's a few jambons short of a canteen lunch.
    A few fizzy pops short of a Famous Five picnic.
    A few apples short of an orchard.
    A few misogynists short of a gamergate discussion.
    etc. etc.

You get the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    He's a few jambons short of a canteen lunch.
    A few fizzy pops short of a Famous Five picnic.
    A few apples short of an orchard.
    A few misogynists short of a gamergate discussion.
    etc. etc.

You get the picture.

Not really, can you elaborate a little more....

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

Just did a wiki on him.

'It was also alleged that the mere discussion of an operation's details gave him a "sexually charged excitement"; even when the killings had been done by others he had personally chosen as hitmen.'

Sick ****er.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Lovely chap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I thought this guy died years ago?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Horrible man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Ah sure he's only a product of the troubles, never meant any harm and all that..

not yet wrote: »
    Not really, can you elaborate a little more....

A few Celtic supporters short of a Sunday afternoon drinking binge.
    A few teen emos short of a Central Bank Plaza.

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Can anyone with better knowledge than me explain to me Johnny Adair's personal convictions or is he just completely mental?

I follow him on twitter and on the one hand he is glorifying the poppy and what it represents and attacking celtic for not glorifying the poppy yet this is a man who has links to neo-nazi groups in Germany and Combat 18?

Exactly how does this work?

They just need someone to hate, simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

I follow him on twitter

I think I see the problem here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

catallus wrote: »
    I thought this guy died years ago?!

That was Red Adair, different guy altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Just did a wiki on him.

Yeeeeeuuuuuukkkk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I follow him on twitter

Why bother tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

Did he ever get around to building the orphanage in Africa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

He was extremely lucky during the heyday of his dubious activities in the North, the Shankill Rd chipper bomb was meant for him and he missed it by a few hours, if the ceasefires didn't come about he'd have eventually gone the way of Lenny Murphy for sure.

What was revealing though during a Donal McIntyre programme on him was that during the Troubles he'd never been outside of Belfast yet said that he'd travelled through Dublin on trips back to Belfast and it felt no different than going to Manchester or Liverpool.

not yet wrote: »
    Ah sure he's only a product of the troubles, never meant any harm and all that..

Loyalist - and to a lesser but still significant extent Republican paramilitarism - just provided a sympathetic /justificatory environment for generations of people that in other societies would have been plain serial killers, organized criminals, gun freaks and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

He suffers from anger issues which stem from his height issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

How many followers has he got?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭DeadHand

anncoates wrote: »
    Loyalist - and to a lesser but still significant extent Republican paramilitarism - just provided a sympathetic /justificatory environment for generations of people that in other societies would have been plain serial killers, organized criminals, gun freaks and so on.

All conflicts do this.

How can you possibly say there were fewer of such people on the Republican side?

• Advertisement

He suffers from anger issues which stem from his height issues.

And from being a c*nt issues I'll wager.

DeadHand wrote: »
    How can you possibly say there were fewer of such people on the Republican side?

Fair point. Obviously I doubt there are relevant statistics or studies so it was just an anecdotal point really. As a student of sorts of The Troubles, you're struck by the relatively higher prevalence on the loyalist side of torture, serial killing with seemingly more inchoate political justification etc.

Obviously not reducing it to scores on either side of course. I detest Republican paramilitarism as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

kneemos wrote: »
    How many followers has he got?
    Too many.

Just checked and he neither follows or is followed by anyone that I follow or follows me. No one to delete, happy days.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

OP, you need to watch this documentary following him meeting his German friend 'Nazi Nick'. The pair get on great, decide to help with education and give something back to the world by getting involved with some school building project in Africa (?). They have a laugh, do some shooting, visiting of schools, white water rafting then Nick runs off and marries a (black) woman... The man is a Nazi. It's bloody hilarious. Best enjoyed with a big smoke

It's just impossible to see him without thinking of the Blue Oyster bar in those Police Academy movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

struck by the relatively higher prevalence on the loyalist side of torture, serial killing with seemingly more inchoate political justification etcl.

The 'Ra mostly tortured their own. Up to very recently as well. Look what they did that poor sod in that shed in Armagh a few years back. For beating up, in self defence it seems, one of the 'commanders'.

Also how many 'disappeared'? Lets not forget the INLA either. That crowd harboured and cultivated such nut jobs as Dominic McGlinchey and of course Dessie 'border fox' O'Hare who has apparently admitted to over 2 dozen murders. He was such a psychopath even the INLA got rid.

Mindless bloodlust is abundant on the Republican side too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

It's just impossible to see him without thinking of the Blue Oyster bar in those Police Academy movies

This is true. And that side of Loyalism is well known!

Also the abuse of underage boys is very common within certain organisations. Infamously so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Last_Minute

These type of people don't care about where they are from or what religion they are - they are just using these things as excuses to live the type of lifestyle they do.

He loves the attention as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Jasus his tweets are hilarious, its like a 12 year old wrote them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I recently read Blood and Rage - A Cultural History of Terrorism by Michael Burleigh, and Adair pops up in the chapter on the Troubles:
    The worst of (the Loyalist thugs), like Johnny ‘Mad Dog’ Adair, in reality a late developer in the matter of shooting people, overcame his slight stature—he was known as ‘the wee man’ before he became ‘Mad Dog’—building outwards by injecting his arms and thighs with horse steroids and pumping-iron sessions. He used the popular household aerosol furniture polish Mr Sheen to make his shaven head shine.
    As the case of Adair shows, his charisma did not derive from his being a proficient killer, because unlike his associates he got into that at a relatively late stage, and is thought to have personally killed ‘only’ once. He routinely missed whenever he tried to shoot someone, and was risibly cackhanded with guns. On stage at a loyalist culture day even the mini-skirted and hooded ‘Mad Bitch’ got off a salvo while ‘Mad Dog’ grappled with a flashy automatic pistol on his knees.
    Shiny Happy People ... :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement