Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling car [ownership not transferred]

Options
  • 10-11-2014 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi i sold a car to a guy a couple of weeks ago he paid me at that time but he didnt take it with him at that time and said we would sign the log book when he pick up the car, he sent another guy to pick it up aweek later. But he still hasnt given me his details for the log book,so i still own the car i think he owns a auto body repair shop. any tell me where i stand or have i been fleeced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

psychic34 wrote: »
    Hi i sold a car to a guy a couple of weeks ago he paid me at that time but he didnt take it with him at that time and said we would sign the log book when he pick up the car, he sent another guy to pick it up aweek later. But he still hasnt given me his details for the log book,so i still own the car i think he owns a auto body repair shop. any tell me where i stand or have i been fleeced.

You most definitely haven't been fleeced that's for sure because you've been paid.
    Is he answering the phone etc?
    I just hope they won't use the car for anything malicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 psychic34

Ya thats what im worried about

• Registered Users Posts: 33,173 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You think he owns a body repair shop. Surely with your username you can be definite?

Sorry couldn't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You have got money but the car is still in your name, which isn't ok.
    Bring logbook to shop and look for him.
    Get details and post logbook yourself, do not give it to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

If he won't give you his address, then complete the logbook yourself (assuming at this point you know his name)
    and fill in his details with the address as his shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Report your car as stolen.

Sorry couldn't resist..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I thought the onus was on the owner to update new owner details and send log book off to relevant authority.
    Dont give it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

I thought the onus was on the owner to update new owner details and send log book off to relevant authority.
    Dont give it to him.

It is
    You should never give the logbook to anyone, except Shannon by post.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Correct but the OP says that he didn't give the buyer the logbook. He says the new owner never filled in their details in the new ownership section of the logbook for the OP to send off.

My guess is that the buyer doesn't want his name on the logbook and will sell the car on and then hope the next owner does the legwork at sorting it out.

Advertisement