Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architecture Work Station

Options
  • 10-11-2014 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

I was asked in my school of Architecture to put together a single computer the school can use for heavy 3D rendering, AutoCad and visualization. I personally have an i7 quad core with 8 GB RAM and my computer froze whilst simply turning a large 3D model of a city's terrain into sliced contours. I have a budget up to 2000 euro but would hope I can come in lower than that any way. Since my University is supplied by DELL for reference the kind of performance I was looking into was DELL T7810 but it was over 2800 euro so we can't afford it therefore I need to build one with roughly the same specs.

I have no idea what I need to get hardware wise for an assembly of a computer, there are three specs I know I need which are below.

Specifications:

Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2630 v3 (8C, 2.4GHz, Turbo, HT, 20M, 85W) if possible higher
    RAM_ 32G 2133MHz DDR4 (4x8GB) RDIMM ECC
    Hard Drive_ 1TB 3.5inch Serial ATA (7,200 Rpm) Hard Drive

Also dual 23" monitors

After this I am not sure what kind of graphics card I would need or what other hardware would be required and how this all goes together and where to order everything from.

Hope this is enough information.

Cheers for any advice

Advertisement