Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

[Who can bring the car for] NCT

Options
  • 10-11-2014 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if a person who is not the registered owner of the car bring it for the NCT? My husband is the registered owner but can't make the appointment. I know you need to bring your drivers licence and VRT - do I bring mine drivers licence and his?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Volvoair

yes you can, to the first question.
    bring your license,(might be no harm to have his as well, just in case.....)
    also the appointment letter.
    remove the HUBCAPS .cars will not be tested if left on.
    registration document
    good luck with test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Don't bother bringing the husband's licence, you'll never be asked for it. Only the person presenting the car for the test is required to produce ID, if requested, so bring your own.

An appointment letter/reference is not necessary so won't worry if you don't have one.
    Don't panic if you can't find the VLC/VRC. They don't always ask to see it but if you don't have it with you when asked they will still do the test but may withhold the cert until you later produce it (there will be no additional charge).

Advertisement