Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakdown assistance on commercial vehicle???

Options
  • 10-11-2014 12:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

I was in Galway over the weekend and whatever happened my battery was flat when I went to come home yesterday.When taking out my policy through a broker I was assured I had breakdown assist.Long story short I was one of the customers screwed over by Setanta and when in contact with my broker I was assured I was getting the same if not better policy with Liberty.I had breakdown with setanta.So naturally i rang the Liberty breakdown assist number yesterday and within the hour had got the necessary jump start and was on my way.Now this morning I have been informed my policy doesnt cover breakdowns and they are trying to screw me for over 100 quid!! For a jumpstart?? Why did the breakdown assist send out a guy,at nearly twice the cost of a quote Id gotten from a local company,without knowing for sure I was covered for it? She took my card details as a "security measure" and now I'm informed my card is set to be charged. Im absolutely livid.No where does it state I dont have breakdown assist and as I went through a broker I hadnt even dealt with Liberty directly.Who do I contact regarding this matter.Im not going to let this lie.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Hi dbagman,

Please PM me your details so we can look into this for you.

Regards

Una
    dbagman wrote: »
    I was in Galway over the weekend and whatever happened my battery was flat when I went to come home yesterday.When taking out my policy through a broker I was assured I had breakdown assist.Long story short I was one of the customers screwed over by Setanta and when in contact with my broker I was assured I was getting the same if not better policy with Liberty.I had breakdown with setanta.So naturally i rang the Liberty breakdown assist number yesterday and within the hour had got the necessary jump start and was on my way.Now this morning I have been informed my policy doesnt cover breakdowns and they are trying to screw me for over 100 quid!! For a jumpstart?? Why did the breakdown assist send out a guy,at nearly twice the cost of a quote Id gotten from a local company,without knowing for sure I was covered for it? She took my card details as a "security measure" and now I'm informed my card is set to be charged. Im absolutely livid.No where does it state I dont have breakdown assist and as I went through a broker I hadnt even dealt with Liberty directly.Who do I contact regarding this matter.Im not going to let this lie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Hi dbagman,

Please PM me your details so we can look into this for you.

Regards

Una
    Hi Una,thanks for your response.I have sent on the details to your own account via PM.You signed off as Una in your message but posted as Sean?? Is that ok?Or will I send the details to Seans account aswell?

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Hi dbagman,

We have arranged for someone from your Brokers to be in contact with you.

Regards

Sean

Hi dbagman,

Regards

Sean
    Thanks Sean.

Hi dbagman,

Regards

Sean
    Hi Sean,as of yet Iv to hear from anyone from my brokers and 100 euro has been deducted from my account.This is unacceptable. I'm actually furious over this.Who do I call to have this situation corrected ASAP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement