Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for work?

Options
  • 10-11-2014 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

My wife has me down on her claim as an adult dependent so I don't have my own claim at the moment.

She's got a job so I need to apply for my own claim. One of the forms asks what I've been doing since my last claim and to provide proof of looking for work.

I was told by the social welfare worker dealing with our claim that when I went as an adult dependant I wasn't claiming so didn't have to be looking for work (I was minding our children while my wife participated in a back to work scheme).

So would it be ok to put down the truth? Obviously now I'm applying for job seekers I will be looking for full time employment (kids are old enough now).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

The truth is always what you should put down. Be clear about future intentions however. They are what is important once you make your own claim.

Advertisement