Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance

Options
  • 10-11-2014 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

My tennant rang me on Saturday to say her partner had moved out.
    That leaves her and 2 kids in a three bed semi.
    Will this change to her situation affect her level of R.A.?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

If her partner & herself were both unemployed, then she will still receive the same level of payment now as she was with him. Lone parent family gets the same rate as a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

She may be advised to find a smaller place by sw too

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭ger34

Can she be forced to find a smaller place, if her allowance remains the same?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

She'll only be advised of that if rent exceeds the RA amount. Once rent is at or below the limit, they won't care how many bedrooms are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Yeah she won't be asked to move. Rent stays the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Yawns wrote: »
    She'll only be advised of that if rent exceeds the RA amount. Once rent is at or below the limit, they won't care how many bedrooms are there.

I thought this too but when I was on RA, I found a three-bed house for within the RA limits, only to be told it was too many bedrooms for me and my partner and I was told to seek a two-bed, even though it was within the limits!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

fussyonion wrote: »
    I thought this too but when I was on RA, I found a three-bed house for within the RA limits, only to be told it was too many bedrooms for me and my partner and I was told to seek a two-bed, even though it was within the limits!

Standard procedure for the last few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Your tenant will not be classed as over-accomodated if a partner has moved out.
    Fussyonion you don't mention if you have dependents, or if it is just you and your partner? The c.w.o or rents unit or whatever they call themselves these days still use discretion with approving payments.
    The OP's tenant rent might possibly increase if she gets OPFA, a couple would usually pay more from their pocket than a single parent.

Advertisement