Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Overclocking the Intel Pentium G3258

• 10-11-2014 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi,
    I need to upgrade my pc and my question is:
    If I buy the Intel Pentium G3258 cpu what mobo would be overclockable to suit this socket?
    Is there anything else that I should be aware of before going down the road of Overclocking?
    I will be running Autocad 3D programs and my pc at the moment just hangs every time I open the drawing so a upgrade is required asap with very little budget.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 expertrhino

this: ASRock Z97 Anniversary, Sockel 1150, ATX, is generally one of the cheapest z97 mobos (€60), the z97s is the only ''offical'' that allow overclocked but asus released a few budget mobos that allow it recently.
    if you want to overclock, the stock fan may not be enough so you may want a liquid or better air cooler, it really depends where you want to get it
    it also voids any warrenty with them unless you get the overclockers insureance (€15 about for that cpu)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

... the overclockers insureance (€15 about for that cpu)

With who?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭game4it70

With Intel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Tks. Never heard of it before.

Advertisement