Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prices in FPL question

Options
  • 10-11-2014 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

Could someone kindly explain to me how price rises and falls actually help me etc, and or how i get the money that it says my team is worth?

eg My team is worth 102.1 million....Great, however if i "sell" everyone in my team i will get 99.9 million. This has been happening since the start of the season, i got up to 104.2 million and couldnt reap my rewards.

Eg I have Baines since the start and can only sell him for 7 million (what i bought him for) even though it says he is worth 7.3 million, somebody explained it to me before on a thread here but i cant understand it for the life of me.

Sorry to have to ask the same question again and hope somebody can explain it to me!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Basically, you only get half the value of a players rise. For example, say you buy a player for 5m and he rises to 5.2, you can then sell him for 5.1. He rose 0.2, but you only get half the value, 0.1. For that reason you will never be able to get the full re-sale value of your team.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

You only get 50% off the (price) rise (rounded to the lowest £0.1) when you sell a player.

Your example regarding Baines is impossible. If you did buy him at £7.0m and he's now worth £7.3m you'll get £7.1m if you sell him right now, your benefit is 50% of £0.3m rounded to the lowest £0.1m = £0.1m

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

And there has to be something wrong with your Baines example.
    The only way he would have a resale of 7.0 for you is if you bought him at 6.8... I'm not sure if he dropped to 6.8

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

PARlance wrote: »
    And there has to be something wrong with your Baines example.
    The only way he would have a resale of 7.0 for you is if you bought him at 6.8... I'm not sure if he dropped to 6.8

6.9 was his lowest.

Advertisement