Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost of replacing brake backplates

Options
  • 09-11-2014 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Just did nct and failed for two rusted brake backplates. Any idea how much this would cost? Looked on YouTube and there seems to be a bit of work in it.

Would it be worth changing thebeske pads while this job is being done.
    Thanks,
    Sonandheir

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

What car?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

joujoujou wrote: »
    What car?

Funny enough our almera failed on them on Friday as well even though it passed the last few years with them half missing.

There awful hard got from.Scrapyard's as there usually rusted beyond use again. There €70 each from nissan

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sonandheir

joujoujou wrote: »
    What car?

It's a 2007 Opel zafira.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The parts are maybe 100 together or less and then another 100 or less for the work. Yeah, may as well get pads done, add 40 or so for the pads.
    If you can get the lot for 200 you're probably ok - make sure to get a brand name pad set.

You could DIY it if you're comfortable with working on brakes. Otherwise leave it to a pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sonandheir

There awful hard got from.Scrapyard's as there usually rusted beyond use again. There €70 each from nissan

€70 each! I see the Opel ones I need are £20 in UK, didn't see them on any Irish sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I see zafiras breaking on adverts.ie They would probably sell you the backs for a steal.
    If that doesn't work check donedeal and ebay etc

Advertisement