Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smyths Toy Stores Terrible Customer Service On Line

Options
  • 09-11-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Has anyone pre ordered Call of Duty from Smyth's? only to not have their pre order bonus code not included with the product. I have called their customer service 4 times promised 3 call backs and they keep fobbing me off and saying I have to go to Activision for a code that they should have provided with the game.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

From Playstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

F1ngers wrote: »
    From Playstation.
    ???

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

practice wrote: »
    ???

The previous comment is to indicate that this thread was originally posted in the Playstation forum and was moved by the moderator F1ngers to the Consumer Issues forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

dudara wrote: »
    The previous comment is to indicate that this thread was originally posted in the Playstation forum and was moved by the moderator F1ngers to the Consumer Issues forum.

Thanks was a bit confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Is the code not printed on the receipt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ROBrien

No, no code with game no code on receipt and still no code from Smyths after about 20 phone calls and ten emails to them I still don't have the code !!! Ridiculous state of affairs !!
    delahuntv wrote: »
    Is the code not printed on the receipt?

But did they not tell you to contact Activision as per your first post.

Have you contacted Avtivision?

From what I see this is an Avtivision offer sold though Game, Gamestop & other retailers around the world and the code is provided by them.

Or maybe you are just ignoring what smyths have told you and just want to act stupidly and stamp your feet because its not handed to you on a plate?

Is it really that difficult for you to contact activision as per what you were told by Smyths - they do have a website, a FAQ section and even email support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's not unusual for bonus offers to be operated through the manufacturer rather than the retailer. Why the insistence on contacting Smyth's? .What has Activision said to suggest the problem lies with Smyth's?

Do you think ? I bought a pre order from Smyths offering the code, the game came without the code and Activision who I have got in touch with as per their on line website have said that they are only doing the codes through GAME. Why would I not have a problem with Smyths if they sold me a product that was meant to have the code but didnt. Obviously Smyths are the company I have the contract with to provide the product as advertised on their website.

ROBrien wrote: »
    Do you think ? I bought a pre order from Smyths offering the code, the game came without the code and Activision who I have got in touch with as per their on line website have said that they are only doing the codes through GAME. Why would I not have a problem with Smyths if they sold me a product that was meant to have the code but didnt. Obviously Smyths are the company I have the contract with to provide the product as advertised on their website.

you see - we can't read your mind. If you had given more information in your first post, you'd get better answers.

but you just harped on just to moan - possibly that's also why smyths won't get back to you? They don't get paid to listen to people whining.

Politeness and respect will get you a lot further in life.

• Advertisement

I'm not moaning, I've been onto Smyths a number of times; to no avail; have been polite and was told i'd get a call back. Its quite a simple request; I buy a pre ordered game with bonus code as advertised and they supply as advertised to me. What makes you think i'm moaning ? All i want is the product i bought to be supplied; its not really moaning is it ?

I'm not moaning, I've been onto Smyths a number of times; to no avail; have been polite and was told i'd get a call back. Its quite a simple request; I buy a pre ordered game with bonus code as advertised and they supply as advertised to me. What makes you think i'm moaning ? All i want is the product i bought to be supplied; its not really moaning is it ?

on the 9th Nov, you said you made 4 phone calls.
    On the 11th - you say you have now made 20 phonecalls and 10 emails.

That's harassment. Plain and simple

Smyths and no-one else has to deal with such a person who harasses them in such a way.

Frankly you don't deserve whatever bonus for your behaviour. 16 calls and 10 emails in 2 days. GROW UP

Your right I should just get what they decide to give me; I'm sorry, in future I'll just accept that its all my own fault and I'll not moan any more.

delahuntv wrote: »
    on the 9th Nov, you said you made 4 phone calls.
    On the 11th - you say you have now made 20 phonecalls and 10 emails.

That's harassment. Plain and simple

Smyths and no-one else has to deal with such a person who harasses them in such a way.

Frankly you don't deserve whatever bonus for your behaviour. 16 calls and 10 emails in 2 days. GROW UP

No harassment, no chasing them up for 4 weeks and they have not got back to me. Amazing what you say; obvious that Smyths Toy Stores customer service is non existant !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

What pre order code is it you're referring to exactly? Pre orders with Smyths got the Day Zero edition, the exclusive content in which was packaged in the box with the game. There's literally no way for Smyths to reissue this code, it came direct from Activision in the sealed product. If there were no codes for the extra content in the box, you need to contact Activision. If there were codes that do not work, you need to contact Activision. Yes, Smyths could of course contact Activision on your behalf I'm sure, but at this time of year Activision will fob off a retailer making what is to them a slight request. It will be ten times quicker if they think they are dealing with an irate customer.

niallon wrote: »
    What pre order code is it you're referring to exactly? Pre orders with Smyths got the Day Zero edition, the exclusive content in which was packaged in the box with the game. There's literally no way for Smyths to reissue this code, it came direct from Activision in the sealed product. If there were no codes for the extra content in the box, you need to contact Activision. If there were codes that do not work, you need to contact Activision. Yes, Smyths could of course contact Activision on your behalf I'm sure, but at this time of year Activision will fob off a retailer making what is to them a slight request. It will be ten times quicker if they think they are dealing with an irate customer.

It was the call of duty pre order advertisement they had on their website. I placed the pre order for the advanced arsenel code and no code was provided in the box; I've always previously got the pre order codes from other suppliers. I went to Smyths who told me to go to Activision who then told me to go back to Smyths who told me they would chase up Activision ! Promised call backs etc on it but nothing; I've never seen a retailer just not do anything whatsoever to rectify a situation. I hope it's not happening to a lot of parents who bought the game for their children.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

It was the call of duty pre order advertisement they had on their website. I placed the pre order for the advanced arsenel code and no code was provided in the box; I've always previously got the pre order codes from other suppliers. I went to Smyths who told me to go to Activision who then told me to go back to Smyths who told me they would chase up Activision ! Promised call backs etc on it but nothing; I've never seen a retailer just not do anything whatsoever to rectify a situation. I hope it's not happening to a lot of parents who bought the game for their children.

I just done a quick google on this and got http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/11/03/level-up-faster-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-tips/
    apparently this is a very common occurance could the code have been printed on the Smyths Receipt you received? Do you still have the receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Unlikely the code is on the receipt. Generally codes are given out as separate sheets from the supplier (pre-order bonuses typically), or in the case of limited editions are included in the box (more common). If it wasn't included in the box and Smyths don't have any stock of one (none handed out individually) there's not much they can do other than ask Activision for one.

While Smyths could be held responsible here there's no reason Activision couldn't have given a code to sort this out since that's the all Smyths can ask them to do unless they have one lying around.

Advertisement