Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sold car and now getting complaints

Options
  • 09-11-2014 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Right lads I sold my car the other day travelled 100 miles to drop off the car to the people have had no problems with the car they looked and it test drive it and paid and I left. Am now getting messages off them on Facebook claiming such n such is wrong with car and I had to know it and they will report me for fraud etc. Car in my eyes was grand when I left it and they took it no complaints is there anything I should be worried about? It wasn't a expensive car but I could do with out all this abuse I'm getting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Their problem not yours. Did they have a mechanic check it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,274 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Private sales are sold as seen, no comeback whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Report them on facebook for abuse. Its their problem now. As above, they should have got it checked by a competent mechanic before the sale took place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Yep, you buy it as you see it. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. I am in the process of buying a car myself and I'm lucky my gf Dad is a mechanic so he's looking at them for me. Looked at 3 so far which he hasn't been happy with and looking at 3 more tomorrow. It is the buyers fault for not getting a proper check.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Thanks for the replays as it had been worrying me especially since the car was perfect when I had it all checked last week as my buddy is a mechanic and wanted make sure it was ok to sell .they didn't have a mechanic but seemed very happy when they looked themselves didn't even try haggle me down from my price thanks for the info lads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Thanks for the replays as it had been worrying me especially since the car was perfect when I had it all checked last week as my buddy is a mechanic and wanted make sure it was ok to sell .they didn't have a mechanic but seemed very happy when they looked themselves didn't even try haggle me down from my price thanks for the info lads

Please tell me you took cash not a bank draft?.

Cash of course I read all the horror story's of bank drafts on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Caveat emptor, they have no entitlement to do a U-turn on their purchase at this stage. Considering their ridiculous comments I'd just flat out ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yeah, as the others said, they have no come back. It was up to them to get the car checked out before they bought it. If they neglected to do so, that is their problem.

Block them on Facebook and report them for abuse & don't use something as personal as your Facebook page, to sell anything ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Caveat emptor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Block them on fb and don't be in contact anymore.

They are chancers.

Now saying that there is a lot of sellers seling privately but are dealers and the likes and sell absolute rubbish.

Bought privately there last year checked car out everything was good done 2000mls and gear box went so can just be unlucky.

Thanks everyone . I'm just going to ignore them car was perfect I'd say they just changed there minds.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Thanks everyone . I'm just going to ignore them car was perfect I'd say they just changed there minds.
    No; they are looking at getting a discount on it afterwards by claiming a list of faults (and cost to repair them) that they want you to pay them back for; most likely why they decided not to haggle as well (to put themselves in a better position by claiming "We paid full asking price" etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

Is facebooking a way to sell a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try it, if it works it is. Otherwise use adverts, donedeal etc

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Volvoair

Caveat emptor, (but be prepared for loads of texts ,on line abuse.blocked numbers on phone,etc)
    tip:always use a disposable sim card in phone when selling anything private.it can prevent these loonies from ringing/texting etc....)

Thanks for all the advise lads got rid the SIM so got a new number thanks again

Advertisement