Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Using fog lights when there is no fog.

Options
  • 09-11-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭

What is the deal with people driving around with their fog lights on?

I reckon there is 5-8% of people doing this.

It's spread across both genders and all age groups.

Do they realise or do it deliberately?

********Just read charter, did not realise that this was a banned topic.************

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,818 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I reckon 90% of people don't even realise they're on.

The other 10% don't care that they're dazzling other drivers, and think that they improve their own visibility so they're perfectly entitled, what's the problem :confused:

Drives me nuts (pardon the pun).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,339 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I've the stopwatch running.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

coylemj wrote: »
    This won't last long.

Why??

Is it like cyclists and not paying road tax???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I've the stopwatch running.....

Lolol

• Registered Users Posts: 25,339 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

micar wrote: »
    Why??

Is it like cyclists and not paying road tax???

The charter say the topic is banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

The charter say the topic is banned.

Ah!!!

Just read the charter!!!

Apologies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Same drivers who don't know how or bother to use indicators.

Met a car on the motorway to Carlow the other day with a working right headlight and working left fog light. No doubt they assumed that it was a fine set up lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

If your dazzle by front fogs that are properly aligned then you need to get eyes tested.

Rear fog is different as it design to illuminate in other drivers eyes like brake lights

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭micks_address

visual wrote: »
    If your dazzle by front fogs that are properly aligned then you need to get eyes tested.

Rear fog is different as it design to illuminate in other drivers eyes like brake lights
    Is it OK to drive with front fogs on? Surprises me how many people drive with rear fog lights when visibility is fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

visual wrote: »

What do you think an eye test will acheive? (I know, I know, taboo subject...but that crap needs challenging)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

IBTL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No more fog light threads please...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement