Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grease, surprisingly good!

Options
  • 09-11-2014 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

We took the kids to see Grease in the Gaiety last night and I really was impressed.

Normally I run a mile from these type of productions as they have been done to death. But I really was impressed with this short run production, so much I just felt the need to comment on it here.

The dancing, singing and costumes were top class.
    Then humor was ingenious and genuinely funny.
    Th audience sang along with every song, and we had a special stage appearence of Mr Dicky Rock himself... a highlight if ever there was one!

Normally I can spot one or two weak actors, but this cast was very well selected.
    The only negative I can possibly make was that the one dancer seemed to have a dud mic pack which made some very stange sounds during the opening number.

just my 2c worth.

Cheers
    Grumpy old fart from Meath.

Advertisement