Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has your life turned out how you imagined?

Options
  • 09-11-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭

And if not what are you doing to make things better?

I'm not where I thought I would be yet. I'm on the right track but I need to put in a lot more effort in my work to be where I want to be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

No, it turned out better. Not that I ever gave it much thought along the way here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

No clue what to respond to that question with so I'll just tell a joke;

Wanna hear a joke about Ebola?

It's funny but you probably won't get it!

(Da dum tss)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

No. I ended up in Ireland… :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

in 20 years? no, I didn't ask to be put into care, or end up sharing a house with complete nut jobs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

No clue what to respond to that question with so I'll just tell a joke;

Wanna hear a joke about Ebola?

It's funny but you probably won't get it!

(Da dum tss)

I'm waiting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I'm waiting...

Ill have pizza with pepperoni, pineapple and cheese and a side order of garlic chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

My life hasn't finished turning out yet.

Not for a long while I'd say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

My life is close to perfect. Most others are a joke in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Ill have pizza with pepperoni, pineapple and cheese and a side order of garlic chips.

I think you're looking for this thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

i can honestly say i never gave a thought to what the future would hold or what my life would be like ever.

always tend to do a day at a time. works for me;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I am happy with my life so far. Nothing to complain about really.

Wouldn't mind winning the lotto all the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I'm waiting...

I don't think you got it....

Haha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

No. But I think there are so many variables in life that it's almost impossible to plan it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

My life now is absolutely nothing like I had imagined it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I thought I would marry the blonde young one out of Different Strokes so I'm really pissed off

And she's dead now so there's no recovery coming ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

No. But I'm not unhappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I thought I would marry the blonde young one out of Different Strokes so I'm really pissed off

And she's dead now so there's no recovery coming ever!

She hit the drugs big time unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't think you got it....

Haha :pac:

In fairness, there wasn't much to get. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I never imagined my life anyway. But it's good. I'm happy for the most part. And it's right at starting a new chapter. Very exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Workwise good , one step from a promotion Im approved for in work and Im thinking about returning to college .

Personal life , my marriage finally ended and both of us are happier and Im looking forward to the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

It turned out exactly as I imagined but I was a very depressed child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Absolutely not, I'm better off in some ways and worse off in others.

Work: I would've looked down my nose at the kind of job I'm in now, even been embarrassed by it, I had planned on joining the army up till the age of 17 but never really planned anything after that age. On the other hand, if you had told me how much I would earn for doing that fairly crappy job, I would've been very impressed.

Home: Again, there's no way in hell I would've wanted to live in this location, it's in the ass hole of nowhere outside a town I have absolutely no connection to. On the other hand, if you had shown me the actual house and gardens, I think I would've been happy enough.

Girls: If I could've seen some of the girls (there haven't been a huge amount) I was or could/should've been with over the last 20 years I would've been delighted but very pissed off that I screwd things up one way or another. My wife.......... well I don't think it's fair to comment on that beyond saying there are both good and bad points.

My life is absolutely nothing like I would have thought but in general I'm happy enough with the way it's turned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Work: Thought I'd maybe be in some lab somewhere analysing things, or maybe some fancy office, but ended up more in heavy operations / engineering environment

Home: Good, though maybe imagined a nicer suburban type area, and thought I'd like Dublin more. (oops.. though there are some funny, always funny, people about)

Relationships: Didn't think it would be so difficult to sustain one / any. Never thought I'd resort to reading for company.

ACTION PLAN
    *farts*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Well yes, but then I was a very depressed child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

No, it hasn't. I can honestly say that 2013 has been the hardest year I have ever gone through in my life, and s**t is still happening. What makes it worse is that the majority of it is due to circumstances beyond my control and it seems there's nothing I can do to help things. Believe me, I've tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 geegeebeebee

my life is nothing how i imagined it , ive had many hurdles thrown my way , yet i hope now that im starting to learn how to have a life , even with the hurdles !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I never made plans for my life, I never thought about where I would be in 1,5 or 10 years, I went to college but everything was pretty much plan for tomorrow, and tomorrow we'll worry about the day after that.
    Life is good and if I asked my 18 yr old self where would I be in 18 years, I think the answer would resemble the truth, (except for going back to college this year)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Don't give a sh*t, ask me again in 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Well I don't drive around in a van solving mysteries but besides that it's pretty much gone how I expected.

Less quicksand though. I was expecting to encounter quicksand a lot more often than I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I imagined I would eventually get married, live in a house and have children. I have acheived all of these things via a rather unconventional and indirect route. So yes it did. But some of the shīt I went through to get here never even entered my imagination. So no it didn't.

Advertisement