Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2011 fluence bulb change

Options
  • 09-11-2014 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi guys, does anyone have a tutorial on changing the headlight on a 2011 Renault fluence please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭greasepalm

not sure but with some renaults bumper removal is needed and possibly wheel guard.

bulb changes on a megane are ackward having to get access in under wing through flap and i remove wheelgard to get more ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gabhan16

greasepalm wrote: »
    not sure but with some renaults bumper removal is needed and possibly wheel guard.

bulb changes on a megane are ackward having to get access in under wing through flap and i remove wheelgard to get more ease.

Yeah I was looking at it doesnt look easy would it void a warranty if I did it myself

bulbs would not be covered under warranty but one of the most problems with bulb replacement is not been fitted correctly and light going astray.car makers are so stuck up with designs of car they forget the simplest of things ease of changing bulbs at the side of road,no wonder many cars at night are not seen due to bulb failure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I am almost sure it's only two screws and lift the tab holding the unit in it all slides out so you can remove the bulb. It wasn't hard on my sisters 11 anyway just abit fiddly

simple overlooked thing is drivers manual might say how to do it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

It's very simple & straightforward, all the info is in the owners handbook, the tool required should be in the boot

Three torque screws have to be removed, headlamp unit will then move forward allowing easy access to change bulb, push lamp unit back into place, replace three screws, sorted, shouldn't take more than 15mins, start to finish

never known any models with free screwdrivers lol

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gabhan16

simple overlooked thing is drivers manual might say how to do it ?

Good shout. Got it done. Was in the right track but didn't want to yank the headlight bracket out so didn't the first time.

All sorted though so thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

bumper removal to change a bulb? I don't know whether to laugh or cry mate. French engineering must be failing and falling considerably.

Advertisement