Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car loan

Options
  • 09-11-2014 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi guys, does anyone know where u can apply for a car loan, the thing is I have no savings and already have a bank overdraft of 500 euro, I am in permanent employment working 30-35 hours a week so don't know if that will stand to me, the loan would be small only 1500, any info appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

If you have a credit union account that might be a good place to start although know the ins and outs of getting a loan there. Then I suppose try whatever bank your with for a loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

OP when you say I have no savings and already have a bank overdraft of 500 euro it will make it diffucult to get finance on a car. Usually credit unions require you to put some money into a savings account kind of like a safety deposit in case there is trouble with payments.

I think you will need to have a few hundred quid yourself for this. I know that times are hard for a lot of people now so I dont want to sound heartless but you might be fighting an uphill battle.

I am not sure of your age but if you have a parent/spouse etc in a good financial position and they agreed to be a guarantor or have the loan as a joint account, you might have more luck.

Advertisement