Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota avensis d4d not starting

Options
  • 09-11-2014 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi i have 04 toyota avensis d4d not starting i have new starter and battery and alltenator perfect but when i go to start the car all dash lights fade and it refuses to start any help be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,202 ✭✭✭✭blade1

It sounds like the battery is flat even if it is new.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Needs a charge is it clicking when trying to stet.

Jump it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

It could be any one of a number of issues.

If the battery is flat it's either not chargeing properly or is being drained when left idle.

If it's not flat, you have possible poor or broken connections somewhere.

Or you could just be unlucky and were supplied a dud battery which will be replaced under warranty.

Are the new parts new new or just new to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Have you checked/cleaned the earths from the battery to the chassis? Clean and tighten them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 noah31

i have had battery and everything checked all perfect will not start on jump leads or booster but will start if towed have full dash lights until i turn key and then they fade wont even turn might try the earth connection now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Sounds like alternator to me

had alternator checked yest every thing perfect just dont know what it can be somebody told me its a fuse under bonnet but they all seem perfect just had a friend plug in his computer and it reading no faults

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

noah31 wrote: »
    had alternator checked yest every thing perfect just dont know what it can be somebody told me its a fuse under bonnet but they all seem perfect just had a friend plug in his computer and it reading no faults

Curious to know what it ends up being. Let us know when you find out.

hi got sorted yesterday was earth wire under the battery was off ten minute fix after a week of trying everything thanks every one who took time to reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

If this was a garage working on this car, it's a shameful exhibition of incompetence.

What has this cost in total?

New starter, battery and alternator!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement