Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Illuminati

Options
  • 09-11-2014 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭

Just watched a documentary full of cranks claiming that there is a secret society of men most of whom are Freemasons controlling global commerce. :eek:

Secret Societies are cool though, how those one go about joining the Illuminati?

I love their theme song

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

4Life!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I had several Muslim friends who were absolutely convinced that this is real. They blame them for all the 'false' Islamic states. I've spent hours debunking their ideas but I might as well be banging my head against a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Conspiracy theory forum >>>>>>>>>>

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Conspiracy theory forum >>>>>>>>>>
    Exactly what a disciple of the Illuminati would say!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It never seems to be a Democrat President either, in their doc George Bush Sr is named as a big player, as well as his son jnr. The Yale Skull and Bones club apparently is the breeding ground for the next generation of Illuminati.

Lyndon Johnson was also a well known Freemason, but no mention of him. I suppose it suits the cranks agenda, big bad business capitalist men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

The only grouping where there is proof of organised infiltration of all levels of government in order to affect policy to suit their agenda is the Fundy Christian Right in the USA. Ironically the very demographic that are most persuaded by the illuminati CT theories. Takes some to know some I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Calibos wrote: »
    The only grouping where there is proof of organised infiltration of all levels of government in order to affect policy to suit their agenda is the Fundy Christian Right in the USA. Ironically the very demographic that are most persuaded by the illuminati CT theories. Takes some to know some I guess.

What about the Catholic Church in Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

realies wrote: »
    What about the Catholic Church in Ireland ?

http://www.knightsofstcolumbanus.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

The illuminati. A grand bunch of lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

oh my gerd the illuminati

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Exactly what a disciple of the Illuminati would say!

They're hiding in plain sight, trying to steal our precious bodily fluids!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Sock missing from the wash?

Illuminati!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I'm part of a secret society. There's three of us in it. Got matching rings and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Mint Aero wrote: »
    I'm part of a secret society.

Loose lips sink ships!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

If you look at the distribution of wealth, globally...secret societies don't seem so far fetched.

The richest 85 people have as much wealth as the world's poorest 3.5 BILLION. That's really unfathomable....I mean, 3.5 BILLION is just such an amazingly large number. Half of the world's population, combined together have as much as 85 people.

And a lot of the richest most powerful people are related in various ways. Some are blood relatives, others have shared business ventures and what not. It's only natural that people help out their friends and family....for a regular person like myself, that might mean I can get my nephew in for an interview for our internship program. But when you've got billions in the bank, there is really no practical limit to what you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

UCDVet wrote: »
    If you look at the distribution of wealth, globally...secret societies don't seem so far fetched.

The richest 85 people have as much wealth as the world's poorest 3.5 BILLION. That's really unfathomable....I mean, 3.5 BILLION is just such an amazingly large number. Half of the world's population, combined together have as much as 85 people.

And a lot of the richest most powerful people are related in various ways. Some are blood relatives, others have shared business ventures and what not. It's only natural that people help out their friends and family....for a regular person like myself, that might mean I can get my nephew in for an interview for our internship program. But when you've got billions in the bank, there is really no practical limit to what you can do.

But are they really happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

catallus wrote: »
    Loose lips sink ships!

Nothing will ever sink our elitist secret society. Not even the fire earlier this year which gutted the venue where we hold our secret meetings. We just meet now at Tigh Neachtain on the first moon of every month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Nothing will ever sink our elitist secret society. Not even the fire earlier this year which gutted the venue where we hold our secret meetings. We just meet now at Tigh Neachtain on the first moon of every month.

can't do full moons.. it clashes with macra na feirme... maybe move it to nadir moon?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Just watched a documentary full of cranks claiming that there is a secret society of men most of whom are Freemasons controlling global commerce. :eek:

Secret Societies are cool though, how those one go about joining the Illuminati?

I love their theme song

Haven't you anything better to do than try to rope people into a discussion and then slag them off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

forget your Illuminati, it's The Stonecutters who have the real power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

In Ireland they're called the GAA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

You don't need conspiracy theories when the economic/political systems societies operate within, are predisposed to allowing massive concentration of wealth/power.

There can be zero conspiracies, with everyone (including those benefiting from massive concentration of wealth/power) believing their actions are merited and perfectly moral, yet still have the same outcome.

That's kind of the genius of it really - you don't need conspiracies, just a broken economic/political system that can be exploited, and enough people with a genuine (and fervent/fundamentalist) belief in the validity of those flawed systems, to protect it and prevent its reform - the perfect conditions for decades/centuries of having a messed up political/economic system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I had several Muslim friends who were absolutely convinced that this is real. They blame them for all the 'false' Islamic states. I've spent hours debunking their ideas but I might as well be banging my head against a wall.

How are you sure you debunked their Ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,520 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

forget your Illuminati, it's The Stonecutters who have the real power.

Attach the Stone Of Triumph

The Illuminati did actually exist in the 18th century , though their existence in today's world is debatable.If it wasn't for Dan Browns novels ,the resurrected secret society wouldn't have been in currency like it is right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭caolfx

Is it the year 2000 already!?

There is actually some weight in the claims these people make, but not exactly to the extent that they widely promulgate over the internet. The Freemasons for example have being implicated now and again the United kingdom for abuse of power and corruption charges. This is very real.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Come on you all know how this works by now, I don't want to end up with a freezer full of balls.

THE FIRST RULE OF FIGHT CLUB IS YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I always wanted to launch my own brand of lightbulbs called The Illuminati.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

how those one go about joining the Illuminati?

I've heard you have to have an orgy with Bill Clinton and the 2 George Bush's before they'll even consider you.

Advertisement