Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working and Living in Singapore

Options
  • 09-11-2014 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am currently living in Sydney though have been offered a job in Singapore.
    I haven't really been to Singapore, except for Changi airport.

I am considering whether moving from Australia to Singapore is a good idea.
    At this moment all I know about Singapore is that its expensive, hot and I will end up paying less tax than Australia.

Has anyone lived here and can offer me some advise?.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

I live in Singapore.
    Impossible Q to answer without more info.
    1 - What are your circumstances? Family / single etc
    2 - Industry / Profession, & Salary
    3 - Is the company offering any moving / relocation expenses?
    4 - Schoolage children? (Big deal here, cos fees are extortionate - you won`t get them into the local system unless yr here a few years)

Overall, its a great place and we love it here, great infrastructure, weather is great but humidity can screw you if you're not careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

It cant be more expensive than Australia surely ? I just visited for 3 days ,several years ago .Hotels /Accommodation and Alcohol in Bars were expensive ,but eating out quite cheap .The people seemed cold and unfriendly ,quite unlike other Asian States i have lived in or visited .

Advertisement