Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie unintentional humour hub ?

Options
  • 09-11-2014 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,413 ✭✭✭✭

I started properly using this site only last year. I have found it very informative helpful and above all humourous.

However, I have found that a lot of the threads I have read are actually funnier/just as funny as anything on the humour section.

Obviously I am discounting the personal issues section because it is fairly heavy going there.

I am starting to wonder is boards.ie a goldmine for satirists and observational comics? Some of the stuff would seem to write itself.

Even the interaction between mods and people who end up getting banned can be funny. One guy got banned from his OWN thread but it was kept open!

Is that the equivalent of someone being thrown out of their own house?

Am I the only one who gets a laugh from reading threads that are not supposed to be funny but are unintentionally funny?

:D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Funny how ?

Funny like we amuse you ?

Funny like a clown ?

Do we make you laugh ? Are we here to fvckin amuse you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭corner of hells

There's a humour forum ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Funny how ?

Funny like we amuse you ?

Funny like a clown ?

Do we make you laugh ? Are we here to fvckin amuse you ?

Dance monkey, dance !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Monkeys can't dance! They eat bananas, for ****s sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,413 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

I started properly using this site only last year. I have found it very informative helpful and above all humourous.

However, I have found that a lot of the threads I have read are actually funnier/just as funny as anything on the humour section.

Obviously I am discounting the personal issues section because it is fairly heavy going there.

I am starting to wonder is boards.ie a goldmine for satirists and observational comics? Some of the stuff would seem to write itself.

Even the interaction between mods and people who end up getting banned can be funny. One guy got banned from his OWN thread but it was kept open!

Is that the equivalent of someone being thrown out of their own house?

Am I the only one who gets a laugh from reading threads that are not supposed to be funny but are unintentionally funny?

:D

Now you're funny.
    Come to After Hours
    Now that's funny. . .:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Come back Wazky,I never got the chance to say I love you(r posts,r ma)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I liaughed at the misogyny thread until I realised everyone was being serious then I started cutting myself.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The OP doesnt "own" a thread so its not like being kicked out of your own house. Each thread is owned by the moderatornof the rekevant forum and they get paid (mostly by way of cocaine and hookers) for each joke that is made. If they dont hit their quota they get fired and replaced by new mods.

So make with the jokes bitte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭corner of hells

The OP doesnt "own" a thread so its not like being kicked out of your own house. Each thread is owned by the moderatornof the rekevant forum and they get paid (mostly by way of cocaine and hookers) for each joke that is made. If they dont hit their quota they get fired and replaced by new mods.

So make with the jokes bitte

And your joke is where , please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I liaughed at the misogyny thread until I realised everyone was being serious then I started cutting myself.

Bloody hell man, that's deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

I started properly using this site only last year.

There's always one

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Are we here to fvckin amuse you ?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Look back in time a bit on boards, it was much edgier at one point. There were some great characters in years past. When I first got on here there was a fella who would regale us with his toiletry experiences in such an eloquent fashion.

It really was 'lol' material. At the time he was described by certain posters as being the 'Shakespeare of Sh1t'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

(mostly by way of cocaine and hookers)

Christ almighty, why won't this joke die?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Harold Finchs Machine

Look back in time a bit on boards, it was much edgier at one point.

I was just thinking the same, was a great site few years back.

Their's a reason site views are down.

The place would nudge ya towards cutting yourself nowadays....at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

I think that moderation has gotten a little stricter which doesn't help, in the past alot of stuff was let slide as it was tongue in cheek and not intended to cause offence, sadly that has changed it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

I'm funny how, I mean like I'm a clown?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

They banned most of the funny people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,413 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

If I am honest it was reading that thread that prompted this one. It amused me particularly when it reached the far fetched and nonsensical from both sides of the argument. With plenty of cliches/jargon for good measure!
    Lapin wrote: »

I enjoyed the highly indignant tone of who me? Why? etc. Then I think oh they might have a point....

Then its is revealed what they said to get banned.....oh right that's what they did haha
    Look back in time a bit on boards, it was much edgier at one point. There were some great characters in years past. When I first got on here there was a fella who would regale us with his toiletry experiences in such an eloquent fashion.

It really was 'lol' material. At the time he was described by certain posters as being the 'Shakespeare of Sh1t'

I will have a look back some more of this golden age of material. :)

I have read some of legends of the boards gas stuff.

Advertisement