Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Procedure to sorn a vehicle in roi?

Options
  • 08-11-2014 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

I might have to go away for a while and I need to know the process of putting a a vehicle of the road for few months. I don't want to have to back tax when I return. Thanks for any help folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Ive been corrected myself, its SORD.

Is the vehicle currently taxed and near renewal? (within 2 weeks?). Not sure if its possible, but could try order a renewal PIN if its longer than two weeks it'd be due in, see if they send you one and try do it online.
    If so you might be able to go online with your renewal PIN and go to the bottom of the motortax.ie site and follow process to SORD it, could do for a year, but if back earlier means going to tax office, that or do 3 months and include your email, then just re-do the SORD via online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Thanks lads/lasses. The tax has another 3 weeks or a month on it I think. I don't have a renewal number as it's due a doe soon also. I'll have to drop into the coco I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

cerastes wrote: »

no, you can do it online.
    kay 9 wrote: »
    Thanks lads/lasses. The tax has another 3 weeks or a month on it I think. I don't have a renewal number as it's due a doe soon also. I'll have to drop into the coco I guess.

you should have your reminder by now: if not, ring Shannon and get them to email it to you (you need the PIN number from the renewal to SORD it).

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

Or do as I suggest, try get the PIN sent online, see link, its on that same page under PIN retrieval, it can only work or not, better than being on the phone or driving into anyone,
    if it doesnt work, sure you can try the other options then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

galwaytt wrote: »
    no, you can do it online.

you should have your reminder by now: if not, ring Shannon and get them to email it to you (you need the PIN number from the renewal to SORD it).

I think you need to go to the tax office if it's a first declaration? Subsequent declaration can be made online afterwards.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    I think you need to go to the tax office if it's a first declaration? Subsequent declaration can be made online afterwards.

Dont know for sure, bu cant see why?
    but its worth a try online, all it can do is decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

nope, you don't.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

I'll do it for you OP sure, pass on your details
    Reg no, credit card etc,
    You can trust me, Im the King of Nigeria

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you can defiantely do it online, retrieve your PIN on the motortax online page. If you can't for some reason, then print off the relevant form and post it in. There's no need to go to the tax office

Advertisement