Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of ECW?

Options
  • 08-11-2014 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi

I don't know if this was brought up before but I'd like to know peoples' views on the one and only Extreme Championship Wrestling. I used to think that they were really entertaining and bought any DVDs brought out on the company. I enjoyed the mayhem, the attitude, the lavish use of chairs and tables and the styles of some of the athletes (RVD, Sabu ect)

Recently I was watching an old ECW clip of Axl Rotten fighting some other dude and it just looked pathetic. Very unnatural when he was just patiently waiting for the other guy to staple a dollar to his forehead. Watched a few more matches and realised they generally lacked a good storyline. It also didn't really matter who was a heel or face, they all seemed to get abuse and applause from the crowd.

Is it a case of being too used to the WWE product with all its make up or does ECW just plain old suck?

Advertisement