Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best way to deal with condensation in the car?

Options
  • 08-11-2014 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

My car in this weather is really badly condensation, what would boardies recommend to help with this?> I've read that Rain Anti-Fog is suppose to be pretty good.

Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Have you checked the pollen filter? People tend to forget about these when servicing. They clog over time which will mean that you're not getting any external air through the heating/ventilation system which will lead to condensation.

I presume your car doesn't have aircon? If not, you'll need to check if your car has a pollen filter. Most have these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Make sure your heater is not set to recirculation.

Also, is there any water getting in, say around door or window seals?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Change filter as suggested.
    Always have fans on.
    Get a rag to wipe window, don't use hand.

Some cars are more prone than others to have this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭The lips

biko wrote: »

Some cars are more prone than others to have this issue.

When my wife's car returned from the valet the windows would fog up inside all the time - whatever cleaner he had used seemed to attract it.

I went over it with some good quality auto-glym and it reverted back to normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Isn't that because the valet cleans the seats and carpet and they are slightly damp when you get it back. When they dry fully the condensation goes away.

It's always a damp/moisture problem. A leak somewhere even small, or a blocked drain somewhere or leaky seal.

No moisture no condensation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭greasepalm

i use this very handy tool for instant cleaning of window from drivers seat.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

My wifes car suffers really bad from condensation. Picked up a moisture trap for €1.50 in Dealz and fixed the problem. Just leave it in the side pocket of the door.

LINKY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Find out the source of the moisture in the car if it's fogging up that much.

Usual culprits would be pollen/cabin filter as already mentioned, spare wheel well holding water, door/window seals leaking.

One of the things that can happen with the cabin filter is that it gets wet and when that happens, you're getting a constant stream of moisture into the car no matter what you do.

Advertisement