Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 6 opinion

Options
  • 08-11-2014 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm interested in an 06 Mazda 6, about 80K KM on odo. Three owners, the car looks and drives well and is clean, except v minor scratches.

My main concern is service history, The car has stamped service history till 35K KM but since the current owner has the car, there is no stamp history. He said he has regularly changed oil, filter and plugs by garage at 10k intervals but never got his book stamped.

He is asking around 3K, I'm confused should I go for it or not. Of note I checked motorcheck and also his NCT certs and milage does seem genuine.

Please advise, should I go for it?

P.s it is touring so usual upgrades.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

virux wrote: »
    I'm interested in an 06 Mazda 6, about 80K KM on odo. Three owners, the car looks and drives well and is clean, except v minor scratches.

My main concern is service history, The car has stamped service history till 35K KM but since the current owner has the car, there is no stamp history. He said he has regularly changed oil, filter and plugs by garage at 10k intervals but never got his book stamped.

He is asking around 3K, I'm confused should I go for it or not. Of note I checked motorcheck and also his NCT certs and milage does seem genuine.

Please advise, should I go for it?

P.s it is touring so usual upgrades.

Thanks

I recently bought an 06, 80k in miles and its a lovely car, superb to drive.
    I paid 3400.
    If it got serviced by a garage they would always stamp the book imo.
    Pre book an AA check for around 100 euro for peace of mind
    3 owners, 06 and very low mileage seems suspicious

• Registered Users Posts: 15 virux

I recently bought an 06, 80k in miles and its a lovely car, superb to drive.
    I paid 3400.
    If it got serviced by a garage they would always stamp the book imo.
    Pre book an AA check for around 100 euro for peace of mind
    3 owners, 06 and very low mileage seems suspicious

Mmm the initial 2 service stamps were ftom Mazda and milage till 2010 of around 30k Km is stamped beside I saw 2 stickers on doors confirming same. Between 2010- till now there are 2 owners and the first NCT in 2012 documented a milage of 43K and then one in 2014 showed milage of 73K km!

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

virux wrote: »
    Mmm the initial 2 service stamps were ftom Mazda and milage till 2010 of around 30k Km is stamped beside I saw 2 stickers on doors confirming same. Between 2010- till now there are 2 owners and the first NCT in 2012 documented a milage of 43K and then one in 2014 showed milage of 73K km!

Any thoughts?

Just be sure to get it inspected before buying

http://www.theaa.ie/AA/Vehicle-checks/Car-Inspection.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Those 6's have terrible rust protection. Drop back a year or 2 and get an Accord, they are a superior car and in the long run are longer lasting.

Just be sure to get it inspected before buying

Thats what I'm planing to do, but problem is there is no AA certified centres in Athlone.

Any recommendations for a pre purchase check up in Athlone?

Thanks

• Advertisement

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Those 6's have terrible rust protection. Drop back a year or 2 and get an Accord, they are a superior car and in the long run are longer lasting.

True, I looked areas notorious for rust, they seem ok although I would be rechecking them again when car gets pre purchase check.

I can't find a decent accord with similar specs. The available pnes have high milage and sorry state. So I opted for Mazda 6 instaed.

Advertisement