Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Overturned Tramore Rd

Options
  • 08-11-2014 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Just passed 20 minutes ago . There is a car overturned just above the Togher post office near the roundabout by the old vets. Traffic being diverted. Hope everyone is ok .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yeah. Heard the crash from the dentist's. Took a while for the Gards to come. But I hope all's well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Ah I was wondering why the road was closed off. Hope everyone was ok. Any idea how it happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Didn't actually see it, but heard the bang as I said. It was someone with L plates. As the pole in the loading bay was flattened, I think the person took the corner too fast/wide, tried to correct, clipped the kerb and unfortunately flipped the car. I hope it wasn't as bad as it looked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

All is well, the person involved walked away from the accident. Happened right outside my house, got a bit of a fright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Thanks for the replies , i was wondering what had happened ? It would be rather difficult to overturn a car on that narrow road , so i gather they were coming from the vet side taking the roundabout to travel Tramore Rd ??

Just glad to hear they are ok ! Great to hear . Thanks .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Didn't actually see it, but heard the bang as I said. It was someone with L plates. As the pole in the loading bay was flattened, I think the person took the corner too fast/wide, tried to correct, clipped the kerb and unfortunately flipped the car. I hope it wasn't as bad as it looked.

Just saw it , Driver must have been coming from over the bridge, turned down Tramore Rd , lost control and hit it , It got some wallop . Glad to hear the driver is ok tho .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I didn't see the accident itself, was inside in the house and didn't notice it for a bit but that part of tramore road is very narrow and people often park on it, I wonder was someone overtaking a parked car when the other driver turned the corner and swerved onto the footpath. Only speculation on my part but there was a car parked right across from the florist. The driver was very shook up but she had someone with her when I saw her.

Advertisement