Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Road Bike

Options
  • 08-11-2014 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I am 15 and interested in getting a road bike.
    I wanted to know if there were any particularly good cheap models available.
    I have been looking at a Castello Monza 2014 Road Bike on justcycles.ie and was wondering if this was a good choice.
    My budget is as much below €500 as possible for a reasonably good bike.
    I would be grateful for anyone with information on beginner road bikes or the Castello Monza in particular to reply.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭christy02

Pak637 wrote: »
    I am 15 and interested in getting a road bike.
    I wanted to know if there were any particularly good cheap models available.
    I have been looking at a Castello Monza 2014 Road Bike on justcycles.ie and was wondering if this was a good choice.
    My budget is as much below €500 as possible for a reasonably good bike.
    I would be grateful for anyone with information on beginner road bikes or the Castello Monza in particular to reply.
    Thank you.

Check out wiggle.co.uk. sale on at moment. They have decent bikes for around 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭h_orse

New or Second hand....?

If you buy second hand there is a good possibility of getting a higher spec bike for around the 500 euro mark...!

If your going new I would imagine the bike would be fairly basic.

Important to know your frame size too when purchasing....?
    The correct size will leave you more comfortable on the bike....

ie 52/54/56 frames

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Stay away from Castello, they're rubbush and expensive rubbush at that!

You'll get a much better used bike than buying new which puts you into the lower quality range of bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

There's a nice ribble on the cycling classifieds for your budget. Its a good bike for the money if it's the right fit.
    Marty.

Advertisement