Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 206 00 back brakes problem

Options
  • 08-11-2014 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

My car recently failed the NCT for poor braking. The problem is with the back. It has new drums, shoes and brakes are bled out. I recently got a garage to look at it and he says he has them adjusted out to the last but the drums are too big. The drums I have on are 180mm which is the smallest size I can find. They matched up with the old ones and the only other size I can find is 203mm. It's back in for the retest today and might pass but I would still like to get to the bottom of why they are so poor. I have the car about 2 years and they have never been great. Would anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Maybe it had a different Axle fitted at some stage which was removed from a newer/different model 206.
    How did the Nct test go..?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Row wrote: »
    Maybe it had a different Axle fitted at some stage which was removed from a newer/different model 206.
    How did the Nct test go..?

Ye the Axel was changed but everything seems the same as previously. Could it be off something else. It failed with the brakes worse than previously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Post a picture of the NCT readings. It'll make it easier to see what's failing.

Hope this helps. Load sensing valve also failed but can't see the problem with it

Load sensing valve must be seized if it failed. Either that or the spring connecting it to axle is broken.

Your rear brakes are fine. It's the front that's failing. Possibly the pads are seized in the carriers or else the piston is seized in the brake calipers.

• Advertisement

Left is worse than right but both look bad.

Your front shocks are bad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Yep its the left front brake pads/discs thats not grabbing.
    X2 on what Stoolbend said above..:)

OK thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭blackbox

Did you show the NCT report to the garage?

If you did, their response was very poor.

blackbox wrote: »
    Did you show the NCT report to the garage?

If you did, their response was very poor.

No I just brought in the car and the back brakes were improved from previous test

• Advertisement
Advertisement