Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alexis Sanchez

Options
  • 08-11-2014 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I have to ask why didn't Chelsea and City go in for Alexis Sanchez, the guy is class and is definitely something City could do with and he is better than anything Chelsea have aswell.I hear a lot of hype about Hazard but I think hes over rated and would much prefer Sanchez. They were probably in for him alright but he was set on moving to arsenal, himself and robben are the 2 best players playing that position in world football if you ask me , pace, direct and score loads of goals. Would have loved him at United

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Wrong forum chief

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Its easy to say that in hindsight but at the time obviously no one knew he would come over and be able to do it so easily over here you don't need to look far away to see how a big money mid can come over and not do so well.

Can you honestly say that two months ago you would have taken Sanchez over Di Maria? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

jimmii wrote: »
    Its easy to say that in hindsight but at the time obviously no one knew he would come over and be able to do it so easily over here you don't need to look far away to see how a big money mid can come over and not do so well.

Can you honestly say that two months ago you would have taken Sanchez over Di Maria? Really?

I went sanchez over ADM 2 months ago. I think ADM is a better player but Sanchez is a better FPL player as he has always scored more goals.

qwabercd wrote: »
    I went sanchez over ADM 2 months ago. I think ADM is a better player but Sanchez is a better FPL player as he has always scored more goals.

Yeh he is definitely a great FPL prospect possibly looks like he is quickly climbing into the captains bracket now. I'm not getting him as there is little opportunity currently to captain him over Costa or Aguero and a 10+ player you aren't going to captain is a horrible move.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Hindsight is great isn't it - ozil was suppose to do great things at arsenal and for what they paid he hasn't so much much

There are loads of players that come to the PL that are suppose to be great and for one reason or another it doesn't work out - while for others it does.

There were guys wetting themselves over bojan at the start of the season - he's in many season long teams and so far he has done sweet FA - does this mean the top teams were wise to stay away from him?

• Advertisement

Yeh exactly Bojan looked a superb bit of business before the season started!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Oh how Liverpool could do with him right now

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh exactly Bojan looked a superb bit of business before the season started!!

No he didn't. He has been terrible for years. A quick look at his stats shows that.
    A lot of people are very stupid, that's why Bojan was so popular in August.

frimpong wrote: »
    No he didn't. He has been terrible for years. A quick look at his stats shows that.

I guess the fact he came from Barca made it seem like a miracle deal alright. Seems he's just a Spanish Joe Cole! I would also be swayed by the fact that he fired in better than a goal a game over 10 years for me in Champ!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Of all the players being mentionned here and trying as hard as possible not to "hindsightise" my opinion on it, the amount of goals previously scored in an elite championship made Sánchez the better pick out of ADM, Ozil, Fab, even Hazard (many goals scored but in Ligue 1, not the same level than La Liga). And he managed that while, if I push the caricature, all the game is organised for Messi to score in Barça.

That said, at the start of the season, I didn't and still don't think he was a better pick than his £1.5m last year super FPL star Ramsey. And after many deliberations I went with the latter since this extra £1.5m was needed elsewhere in my team.

In the meantime, I'm angry at myself not to have kept in mind Sánchez value enough (and to make it even worse he had become £0.2m cheaper) to spot the glorious run of fixtures Arsenal were starting to face 3 weeks ago and onwards now. Admittedly, Arsenal struggling didn't help but I still can't believe I had to wait for him to score 45 points in 3 games to react!

frimpong wrote: »
    Stats can be deceptive. Bojan was only a supersub in Barça. So he never really played the amount of games his stats are showing. It'd be interesting to see the amount of minutes he played.

That said, he stagnated when he left Barça. Never made it to the very top level.

• Advertisement
Advertisement