Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which alarm have I ??

Options
  • 08-11-2014 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Have one request, which will lead to another.

My hkc alarm (not sure what model) has recently stopped working as the batteries in the pirs went dead. While I have the batteries changed, I still have a comms fail error. I know I need to reset the pirs by using a walk-thru.

I think I need a manual to figure out where the routine is, but how do I find the model number from my alarm. The keypad is pretty standard.

Real newbie question, I know. :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭altor

Have one request, which will lead to another.

My hkc alarm (not sure what model) has recently stopped working as the batteries in the pirs went dead. While I have the batteries changed, I still have a comms fail error. I know I need to reset the pirs by using a walk-thru.

I think I need a manual to figure out where the routine is, but how do I find the model number from my alarm. The keypad is pretty standard.

Real newbie question, I know. :-)

If it has wire free it could be either a 10/70 or a quantum 70 you have installed. From the sounds of it you have another device on the system which has a low battery and is causing the comms fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Muttley_666

Reckon from what I can gather from other posts it's the 10/70. I've no other devices with a low battery - I know the message from the 12v battery in the main control panel.

Message is
    Comms Fault
    Panel cannot SET

The panel then says "RF Low Batt" between the time / date...

I recall having to do a walk thru when I replaced the battery the last time, just need help on how. The engineers manual ( which I saw before) might help....

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Reckon from what I can gather from other posts it's the 10/70. I've no other devices with a low battery - I know the message from the 12v battery in the main control panel.

Message is
    Comms Fault
    Panel cannot SET

The panel then says "RF Low Batt" between the time / date...

I recall having to do a walk thru when I replaced the battery the last time, just need help on how. The engineers manual ( which I saw before) might help....

Have you an external wirefree bell? When replacing the batteries in the sensors did you observe correct polarity?
    If you have the engineer code you can go into the log to view which devices have a low battery.

No, I don't have an external wire free bell (thanks).
    All batteries are in correct (just checked, thanks again).

I do have the engineer code, just need to figure my way thru the system menu.
    Hence my request for a manual.

No, I don't have an external wire free bell (thanks).
    All batteries are in correct (just checked, thanks again).

I do have the engineer code, just need to figure my way thru the system menu.
    Hence my request for a manual.

Ok, enter your engineer code then authorise with your user code. Scroll to service menu and press yes. Then scroll to log menu and press yes. Scroll through the log until you see rf comms fault and press yes. Pressing yes a second time gives more info. Use # + * to scroll

• Advertisement

Ah cool. Tomorrow. Too late 2nite. Thanks.

I don't see RF Comms Fault - just 3 x RF Low Batt (1 for each of the PIRs which are no longer working).

So, given I have replaced the batteries, I imagine I need to re-establish contact between controller and PIRs.

Any suggestions / advice / instructions on how to do this ?

Oh, when I exit from the engineer menu it reports
    Comms lost xxx pir
    And tells me it is waiting for the three devices it can't see..

So, I reckon by going to
    devices MenuRF Devs Menu and either 'add & Id" or locate RF devices.

I need help from here....

Are you certain you have replaced the batteries with the same type and correct polarity? as soon as new batteries are installed the PIRS should flash red and comms should be restored. Are they flashing when powered up?

Tried the batteries again, all okay. Did some work with removing and adding and it seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for your help everyone...

Advertisement