Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thinking of buying a Subaru Forester 2.0xt?

Options
  • 07-11-2014 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

hi,
    I live in the mountains so need 4x4 and am thinking of buying a forester 2.0xt (turbo).
    Just wondering what mpg is and also insurance group? I have had lots of jeeps so I am used to heavy fuel consumption with my last 04 Landcruiser I was getting around 21 mpg I think for those sort of running costs jeeps lack in performance, I don't tow and the most load I'd carry is a wheely bin or a mountain bike. Any help from owners would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

I ran a 2.0xt for about 18 months.

they are very well put together. excellent performance from the 177bhp. Can be a bit noisy (5 speed) on cruise on a motorway
    Go for one with winter pack as it has leather, heated seats, windscreen, wipers and mirrors.
    XT has cruise control also.

Downsides:
    fuel consumption --- best I ever got was 30mpg.
    drove to cork once in a hurry and needed to fill up on way back

Check front suspension noise over rough ground.

It has pillarless front windows so over time water gets into the front doors --- causes the front window motors to fail

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ds82

kyote00 wrote: »
    I ran a 2.0xt for about 18 months.

they are very well put together. excellent performance from the 177bhp. Can be a bit noisy (5 speed) on cruise on a motorway
    Go for one with winter pack as it has leather, heated seats, windscreen, wipers and mirrors.
    XT has cruise control also.

Downsides:
    fuel consumption --- best I ever got was 30mpg.
    drove to cork once in a hurry and needed to fill up on way back

Check front suspension noise over rough ground.

It has pillarless front windows so over time water gets into the front doors --- causes the front window motors to fail

Thanks for that. Was thinking of a winter pack alright not many for sale at the minute though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

What about a vitara? They are good machine, maybe not as well finished as the forester but have a better 4WD system. Be easier on juice being a diesel with more torque also.

kay 9 wrote: »
    What about a vitara? They are good machine, maybe not as well finished as the forester but have a better 4WD system. Be easier on juice being a diesel with more torque also.

No I don't like the vitaras, good jeep I know but just not into them not a Suzuki fan even with there bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

I got an Outback a few weeks ago, awd also and a really nice drive. it's non turbo 2.5l petrol and I'm getting about 25mpg mixed driving.

I have the best of both I think, in that I have 4 wheel drive and normal car handling. I also think lookwise it has weathered the years better than the Forester.

• Advertisement

curiousb wrote: »
    I got an Outback a few weeks ago, awd also and a really nice drive. it's non turbo 2.5l petrol and I'm getting about 25mpg mixed driving.

I have the best of both I think, in that I have 4 wheel drive and normal car handling. I also think lookwise it has weathered the years better than the Forester.

Your probably right the forester defently won't set the world alight looks wise that's for sure.

Advertisement