Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
  • 07-11-2014 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Not going over the top but thought Pastoral Player was a big price in the last at Doncaster tomorrow at 20/1. I said this about the horse before the international handicap at Ascot (too lazy to retype)

I'm quite sweet on Pastoral Player for this on Saturday and have backed him at 33s. Horse is down to a nice mark of 99 and has a good record at Ascot, he won a really strong course and distance handicap back at the back end of 2011 off a mark of 101 before winning a Gr.3 over this trip at Haydock the next season, earning him a peak rating of 113. Ran a blinder two years ago when just beaten in the Gr.2 Summer Mile and showed he still retained plenty of ability last year when just beaten in a gr.3 at Haydock on g/f over this trip and backed that up with a solid two lengths second to Producer.

He had a couple of excuses thereafter with the trips and ground- think he wants seven furlongs and quick ground. He's had two starts this year over C&D in hot handicaps, being entitled to come on for the run first time out in May having been off since October but still ran well, finishing 6th of 25 off a mark of 100 behind Gabrial's Lad on ground softer than ideal (finished close to Ayaar and Belgian Bill who are shorter in the betting), but then really caught the eye last time at Royal Ascot. Despite finishing tenth it was a good run after being drawn in 3. There was a distinct draw advantage that day all of the first nine were drawn high with him leading his group to finish 10th- the next single digit drawn horse was back in 17th

Typically he got drawn 1 for that and was never involved but was only beaten 5 lengths off a mark of 99, and ran similarly next time. He was a huge eye catcher four starts back at Newbury off a mark of 95, finishing third behind Accession, beaten four lengths, but he got no run that day and finished well. Bit disappointing since, but he fared much better than the bare result last time out over a mile. The form of that run behind Accession would give him a good chance tomorrow, the winner won a Newmarket handicap off 5lbs higher and is near the top of the market for the big 7 furlong handicap tomorrow on the same card, whilst Foxtrot Romeo who was runner up just won a strong Wolverhampton handicap a few minutes ago off 6 pounds higher. Fifth won a good handicap at Sandown next time, while the 6th horse Zachynthus (14/1 for the race tomorrow) was well held but won since, and the 7th has gone in too.

Down to a mark of 88 with a good 5lb claimer on he looks to be about 8 points too big for an each way bet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

In addition to pastral player hace backed confessional in the November handicap.

Also on gilden chieftain. All ew and an ew treble

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Wincanton 2:40
    I’m going to follow Golden Chieftain until he wins and although I was hopeful of a better price here, he travelled well last time until running out of steam at the end and he really should strip fitter this time. Another that interests me here at a big price is Ackertac who also ran well up to a point on his reappearance but will hopefully improve for that run. He is on a very good mark with a 7lbs claimer on and should be competitive today
    1 Point win 11/1 Golden Chieften
    1 Point EW 33/1 Ackertac
    Wincanton 3:15

I don’t think Starluck is out of this at all off this mark and could well be about to come into some form of a mark he has won of before. The ¼ the odds 33/1 EW with Stan James is attractive enough to make him a bet here. Ill ne shouting Rock on Ruby on as he is one of my favourite horses but hopefully Starluck can come late here with his light weight

1 Point EW 33/1 ¼ Odds Stan James

Sandown 2:30
    Tatenen
    is probably my most profitable horse ever, but as much as I think he is in with a great shot here, he is probably a 140 horse running of that mark. I thought he might well be shorter than the 12/1 on offer and I’ll have to have a small piece of that over his ideal trip.

1 Point win 12/1 Generally

Doncaster 1:50

Sirius Prospect
    has his ideal conditions and I’m surprised to see him available at 16/1. He has been in good form of this mark lately bar his last run and is definatly capable of winning this. Ill also go with old favourite of mine Doc Hay just in case he get back to form, at a big looking 33/1

1 Point win Sirius Prospect 16/1 Generally
    ½ Point win Doc Hay 33/1

Doncaster 3:35

Sir Walter Scott catches the eye here of a decent looking mark he’s a relatively unexposed horse compared to a lot of these and shaped well enough in the Ebor. It looks as if this trip amy be more suitable for him and 33/1 looks big. Also at a big price Kings Bayonet has some decent form on heavy ground and of bottom weight may well improve for the softer ground here and stay into a place at a huge 40/1

1 Point EW Sir Walter Scott 5 places 33/1 Bet365 and others
    1 Point EW Kings Bayonet 5 places 40/1 Bet365 and others

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Aidan has already highlighted the run of the legend and forum favourite Tatenen this afternoon. He too is by far the most profitable horse I've ever had.

I haven't backed him today though. Off 140 if he wins today then his season will be over. I think they'll try get him dropped to about a mark of 133/134 and go for the race at Ascot he's won twice in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

Not sure whether I'm throwing money away, most likely be the case, but I'm going to side with OPENING BATSMAN - hoping they are sorted out his issues from last year and he comes back with a good run today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Panrich

Ground desperate at Donny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Raskova 20-1 ew 3.00
    Ground not suited but I think a place chance is possible .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Blew his chance when he reared when the box opened up. Disappointing

Advertisement