Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procedure for tracking down old (closed) BOI bank accounts

Options
  • 07-11-2014 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I put forward a claim for PPI compensation through an intermediary. I had to contact a BOI department in order to track down account details for a credit card that I had and was also able to supply a motor loan account that I remembered.

I am getting back correspondence that the BOI branch has no record of the 2 accounts in question, even though I supplied paperwork to prove another account that linked to my current account, which was the anchor account for the two 'missing' accounts in question.

ps The PPI in question predates the 6 year stature limit but I am unconcerned about that limitation for now.

Does anyone know how long records of closed accounts must be held? Does anyone know how to force disclosures of account details, if they are still held? My last payments to BOI, for a loan, was 2010/11. So my current account history should still be held, and therefore so also should the 2 accounts in question?

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Hello,

I put forward a claim for PPI compensation through an intermediary. I had to contact a BOI department in order to track down account details for a credit card that I had and was also able to supply a motor loan account that I remembered.

I am getting back correspondence that the BOI branch has no record of the 2 accounts in question, even though I supplied paperwork to prove another account that linked to my current account, which was the anchor account for the two 'missing' accounts in question.

ps The PPI in question predates the 6 year stature limit but I am unconcerned about that limitation for now.

Does anyone know how long records of closed accounts must be held? Does anyone know how to force disclosures of account details, if they are still held? My last payments to BOI, for a loan, was 2010/11. So my current account history should still be held, and therefore so also should the 2 accounts in question?

Any advice appreciated.
    Hi An Ri rua,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

We have replied to you on your other thread but let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement