Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Motor, Not going Great

Options
  • 07-11-2014 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Hey All, just looking for some advice from the group, Missus has a 141 bought in April (I wont mention Make or Model or Garage for now) but in general we've not been overly happy with the quality of the car.

She purchased it new and we've had a number of problems, a few electrical (ie radio wont turn of after key removal even when using on/off button) but the main problem is the rattling, I mean its a beast for rattles.

Its been back 3 times to trace and try and mend various rattles from dash, vents, glove box etc etc, Its brand new the 03 she traded didnt have as many rattles. The garage has been ok about the fixing but long term its not looking good, the rattles are also particularly bad in the morning when its cooler.

We're also noticing a weird engine noise (which I suspect is just a loose belt of some sort which I thought they'd fixed on the last rattle trace when it was in a couple weeks ago)

So what would you do? I'm have tempted to try persuade my wife to consider upping to a 151 in Jan. we cant really afford it and tend to keep our cars for about 10yrs but I'm not overly keen on the prospect on 10 yrs of this car if its this bad after 6months, did we just get a lemon, we're embarressed about all the complaining we're doing (maybe we shouldnt be)
    do we push it further and just say we're not happy at all with the car full stop. ???

Any ideas, suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Really need to know make and model of car to properly comment on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭BobMc

its a new Model QashQai 1.2

• Registered Users Posts: 81,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I recall someone posting similar issues here about the same car. I would let them repair it one more time, then complain to Nissan Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Ask to drive a couple of other similar models and compare them to your own. That will allow you to see if yours is noticeably worse.

The change in temperatures lately has meant parts would have minutely contracted and can sometimes cause rattles. Newer cars are so well insulated that minor rattles that would not have been noticed on older models can be heard.

I hate rattles in a car but if you want a permanent fix consider doing it yourself - dealers in my experience don't particularly take a lot of care and could make matters worse or add more. I had a minor rattle lately that was solved with a little bit of bluetac. I removed the panel myself and attached it to the back of it. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Notorious Bastards for cabin noise. Where are the rattles coming from? Buddy had similar issues and was convinced it was the vents on the dash, turned out to be where the doors met the dash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭BobMc

rattles have come from all over the dash from drivers side, centre console, passenger side, its not small imperceptable rattles, this are big F. Off rattles, you have to have good volume on the radio to drown them out, you'd never drive without the radio on some of them where so bad, the centre console one was the worst, its gone now, its just the overall build quality and concern for its longevity i'd be concerned about

Advertisement