Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allergies at night

Options
  • 07-11-2014 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

Can someone help me before I go insane!! Every night when I go to bed I spend an hour sneezing, rubbing my eyes and my throat is so itchy. It seems to be getting worse as I wake up at 3am and have to taken an anti histamine. In the morning it's the same thing for an hour then it stops.

I thought it was hay fever but it's november, I was reading about dust mites, I change my sheets weekly, Hoover twice a week and sleep with windows shut. I rent a house so ripping up carpet isn't an option!!

Advise please 😔😔😔
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Sounds like you have TB. Have you been to a doctor lately?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

TB or MCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

is there much drainage coming from your nose? can become more of an issue when lying down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Quarantine yourself for 21 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

change the washing powder you use to wash your bedding

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Pecker31

is there much drainage coming from your nose? can become more of an issue when lying down

Yes loads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Serious case of the ghey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

Theres your problem - lying vertically will mean it doesnt flow downward - kenalog injection is your only man

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Do you have a feather duvet or pillows op?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Could it be the pillows & sheets your allergic to? I know Argos sells the anti allergy pillows & duvets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Pecker31 wrote: »
    I was reading about dust mites, I change my sheets weekly, Hoover twice a week and sleep with windows shut. I rent a house so ripping up carpet isn't an option!!

Get a mattress cover, especially if in a rented house and assuming the bed isn't your own. Wasting your time changing bed linen twice a week, without putting on a mattress cover first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Central heating being off for half a year + massive amounts of dust at back of radiator = lots of dust in the air when the heating is put on again, for a while.

Could be that? If so, could try cleaning dust away from around/back of radiators somehow, then running central heating at full tilt with windows open for a short while, to get rid of the dust.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement