Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

champix

• 07-11-2014 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

im going on the champix next week and have been reading up on it, theres a lot of people have experienced nightmares and sleepless nights, i just wanted to ask if both these symptoms pass over a period of time ?....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Moved from smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DMCC71

eileenmac wrote: »
    im going on the champix next week and have been reading up on it, theres a lot of people have experienced nightmares and sleepless nights, i just wanted to ask if both these symptoms pass over a period of time ?....

Hi eileenmac

Yes you can experience this but both can happen you stop smoking anyway! I had some sleepless nights and the dreams were more vivid than nightmares. They all passed after a few weeks. Take the evening tablet at about 6ish instead of bedtime and it's not so bad!! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

under no circumstances take it if you are anyway prone to depression..i got horrifically suicidal on the bastids. and there actually has been a link found between usage and suicide.they do work but that and other side effects are crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,311 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

eileenmac wrote: »

I'm on it at the moment. It's not my first time. The stuff works but it doesn't stop you from getting locked two years later and having a smoke.

I get vivid dreams. Most of the people I know who have taken it experience something similar. Only one of my friends has ever had nightmares.

I will say that it can cause disruption of sleep patterns, even without the nightmares. I'm yawning at the moment.

Do make sure to drink plenty when you take it and try to avoid it on an empty stomach. It messes with mine. If you are prone to indigestion you may want to buy zantac or ask a doc for a prescription for something.

However besides having to make sure i eat and the sleep disruption, the stuff works. It will get you off smokes.

I always felt I needed will power even with the champix, but I was a 40 a day guy. All my friends gave up far easier than I did. Even with the will power i needed it wasn't actually hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eileenmac

thanks for the useful tips when it comes to using champix, i havent started them yet as ive been sick with another chest infection !,,,but when i do start them il be using all the hints and tips ..thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DMCC71

Hi all, it was 2 years last Saturday since I had my last cigarette thanks to champix. Best thing I have ever done for my health and my quality if life so for anybody struggling, please hang in there, it is worth it!!!!

Advertisement