Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car insurance aviva- modifying

Options
  • 06-11-2014 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everyone
    I am new here so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place.

Ok so,
    Just recently joined aviva Ireland car insurance . I want to modify my car but before I go buying modifications and ringing aviva and all that stuff, I would like to hear your experiences with declaring mods to them. Did they accept your modifications? Etc etc
    Thanks all in advance
    😄

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They'll most likely continue on risk as long as what you've done is still in their view safe, however they may charge more for the cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Monkeysdevil

havent done it yet but was thinking of a spoiler and alloys which shouldn't cause them cancel My policy I would think if I was to add them. And it's not a high powered car just a 1.4 toyota . Although I am only with them with 2 months . I guess they can only answer me properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I installed eibach progressive springs (-30mm) and strut brace on a car my wife has insured with them.
    They increased premium by 15%.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

havent done it yet but was thinking of a spoiler and alloys which shouldn't cause them cancel My policy I would think if I was to add them. And it's not a high powered car just a 1.4 toyota . Although I am only with them with 2 months . I guess they can only answer me properly.

Shouldn't be an issue but make sure you fit locking nuts for security.

Advertisement