Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does employer have to sign casual dockets?

Options
  • 06-11-2014 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

I'm on the casual dockets that need to be signed by your employer but HR are debating whether or not they want them signed by the company. Where do I stand if they decide against signing them? Is there any legal requirement for them to do so? If they refuse would I still face the exclusion period if I resign on that basis?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Resigning would be ridiculous. If you're having trouble go to the welfare office and discuss it with someone there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭bigroad

I thought that employer signing the dockets lark was gone out with the Indians.
    If you have a yellow docket and you are a casual worker ,you mark x on the days you dont work and o on the days you do,then you sign and date it and drop into your local welfare office.Job done.
    If this is not the system you are on ,go to the welfare office and have a chat with them.
    Any partime/cosual worker i know is on this system.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

bigroad wrote: »
    I thought that employer signing the dockets lark was gone out with the Indians.
    If you have a yellow docket and you are a casual worker ,you mark x on the days you dont work and o on the days you do,then you sign and date it and drop into your local welfare office.Job done.
    If this is not the system you are on ,go to the welfare office and have a chat with them.
    Any partime/cosual worker i know is on this system.

It was gone, now its back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭bigroad

It was gone, now its back.
    If thats the case than the op s employer must sign the docket.
    So whoever refused to sign your docket op ,get their name and give that name and company phone number to your social welfare office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

bigroad wrote: »
    If thats the case than the op s employer must sign the docket.
    So whoever refused to sign your docket op ,get their name and give that name and company phone number to your social welfare office.

Thanks that's exactly what I wasn't sure about, if they actually MUST sign it. I obviously wasn't going to rush into resigning, but if they could actually refuse to sign, I couldn't afford to stay in the job. I'm hoping we'll get an official decision next week, and if they're not signing I'll be straight down to the welfare office with all their info :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement