Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Times in life you've 'proved yourself'

Options
  • 06-11-2014 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

have you ever done something in life where everyone thought you couldnt, where people doubted you and you silenced them? and ultimately proved yourself?

(this is probably pointless as it after hours but if we could stay away from typical AH BS of 'I boned 50 girls in one night and proved myself' or 'I took a massive dump after holding it in for a week' just don't get carried away ):):cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I proved that I couldn't do any house work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I once ate a whole wheel of cheese. They said it couldn't be done, how wrong of them.

I also helped Schindler save a hape of Jews that time by driving a snow plow at the Germans, with 50 skunks in the back so the smell would make the soldiers run away thus giving me free passage

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Took 50 dumps in 1 night, and boned 1 girl after keeping it in for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Robsweezie wrote: »
    have you ever done something in life where everyone thought you couldnt, where people doubted you and you silenced them? and ultimately proved yourself?

Nope.

People never doubt me, I'm pretty blatantly capable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Shot down a German plane last year...*

*Might have been Grampa Simpson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

A few years back the lead developer in the department was given his choice of who he'd like paired with him on a particular project. When he chose me the head of the department asked him was he sure. He said he was.

In my annual review the head of department told me he was happy he'd been proven wrong on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

playing gears of war 3's horde mode on xbox, I managed to take down the final boss on my own (a lambent berzerker) after he had taken out the rest of the team.

I was the toast of the parish for many a year after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It's not big or tough and I wouldn't recommend it.

At about 20 years of age, I got shouted at one time at night in the City by 2 broad, 6'+ rugby player types, some comment about my hair or something, probably called me a "Mosher" or some dumb $hit.

I dunno what happened but I snapped and squared up to the 2 of them, despite me being a foot shorter, on my own and all of about 8 stone. Asked them if they have a "F**king problem", "oh we can sort it out if you have a problem lads" all that kind of stuff,

They backed down, apologised etc, you could tell they were used to being total pricks to everyone their whole lives and people taking it from their reactions.

I'm glad none got hurt, especially me, but I was satisfied with myself for standing up to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DuMorph

Rscued a fur-bikinied blonde from a volcano, much to the disbelief/amazement/disgust of the onlooking native folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Took 50 dumps in 1 night, and boned 1 girl after keeping it in for a week.

Should change your name to Fiftyturd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Robsweezie wrote: »

(this is probably pointless as it after hours but if we could stay away from typical AH BS of 'I boned 50 girls in one night and proved myself' or 'I took a massive dump after holding it in for a week' just don't get carried away ):):cool:

You first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I started saving.

When I decided to sign myself out of rehab, the doctor told me Id be back in there within a week,

That was over 11 yeas ago . never went back. FU mr doctor :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Yes, but if I told you I'd have to kill you.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Jake1 wrote: »
    When I decided to sign myself out of rehab, the doctor told me Id be back in there within a week,

That was over 11 yeas ago . never went back. FU mr doctor :cool:

You've probably missed your appointment.

Advertisement